iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

640D Engine Castings

Started by Bobus2003, January 22, 2011, 12:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobus2003

I Ordered a Rebuilt Engine today for a '87 JD 640D Log Skidder.. But before they start the build they want Engine Serial #, Injection Pump #'s, Block Casting #'s, and Head Casting #'s.. Mostly i guess its to be sure the Engine in the old Deere is truely a 6414T and not a 6068, and to be able to set it up the same as the current engine.. Are all the casting #'s and Plates gonna be mounted in the same general area on all JD engines? Sending a guy who really isn't familiar with this stuff 400 miles to the machine, to try to get the Numbers so i want to be sure.

bushmechanic

bobus2003 the casting number is the number that is cast when they make a run at the foundry,for example there might be 500 engine blocks with the same casting number.This is how they can tell what engine yours is by the casting number and with John Deere they have several manufacturing plants.Most every cast piece has a number and it is not a number on a tag,rather a number cast into the component.As I have seen those numbers the block casting number will usually start with what the engine is for example your block will probally start with 6414T and if it is a 6068 it will start with that,then the rest of the number.You should be fine with the tag numbers on the injection pump.Good luck. ;) 

Thank You Sponsors!