iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just cuz I luv yooze guys

Started by SasquatchMan, December 03, 2003, 04:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SasquatchMan

I have successfully "invented" a hand balm for myself, which seems to counter the effects of drywall mud, snowy tools, and the generally dry air here.  Mixing up beeswax and olive oil at about 1:3 in a saucepan and then pouring it into a flexible plastic container (like a cottage cheese tub) yields a little puck you can rub in your hands.  No more cracks. :)
Senior Member?  That's funny.

woodmills1

Add some vitamin E oil for real medicine.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

RavioliKid

Hey, that sounds great! I'll have to give it a try.

I don't mean to sound dumb, but where do you get beeswax? Do you have to talk to the bees, or do they have an agent?
 ;)
RavioliKid

Ed_K

Sounds like a great bullet lub :D.
Ed K

SasquatchMan

Crafting stores have beeswax.  It's popular for making candles and things like that.  I bought a lump of wax "so pure it may contain bees or parts of bees".  Hope my balm doesn't sting me. :D

Tom

Find a Bee Keeper.  Most of them sell their bee wax to outfits that make foundation.   They don't generally care who they sell to. :)

Paul_H

I was thinking that the drywall compound would fill any cracks quite nicely ;)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

SasquatchMan

:D

It is my suspicion that no compound on earth could dry out hands worse than drywall mud does.  It dries on your skin, then just keeps sucking moisture... of course, if I didn't get so much slopped all over the place I'd probably be better off anyway!

chet

Da best stuff I have found fur yur hands is Bag Balm. They use the stuff ta keep dem moo cows happy. Some of dem farmers have purty ruff milkin' hands.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

SasquatchMan

For some reason, Bag Balm can't be sold in Alberta.  Go figger. ???

chet

Dat explains why dar ain't no happy cows in Alberta.  :D
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

SawInIt CA

Add some Emu oil to it. The stuff makes drywall hand soft

ScottAR

How does one oil an emu?  ??? ;D  
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

chet

I tink sawInIt means bird poop.  :D

Kevin

I've tried the emu and didn't have much luck with it.
My fingers are taped most of the winter months.

Don P

Bag Balm is heavy duty stuff but too greasy for me, kinda odiferous too. I like Cornhuskers. Mortar is right up there on the list of giving me dishwater hands. One thing a mechanic told me, goop up your hands before you start so the grease isnt sucking into dry skin. You'll clean up prettier   ;D.

Bro. Noble

Are any of you old enough to remember the 'Fuller Brush Man' coming around and displaying his wares?  Carried this huge case of the most wonderful things-------so it seemed to a little fella that hardly ever went to town.  Mom bought carbolyc salve from him.  It came in yellow cans.  We always had one can for us and one for the cows.  It was about (maybe exactly) the same as bag balm.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

SawBilly

I 'member the Fuller brush company, my mom used to get stuff there, dont 'member what.

Doc says to try Aveeno lotion. seems to work pretty well. just dont use anything made with water, that dries you out even more.

Paul_H

My parents always have "cow salve" in the medicine drawer,that they buy from Watkins.It is carbolyc based and it was what my Grandma used on her kids and cows.

We have a tin around here someplace too.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

etat

It'll slick yer hair back too!  
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

burlman

I can help out with a supply of bees wax, but I'm right out of those tiny Q-tips to clean their ears,

pappy

"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Frickman

I got a friend down in the big city whose wife saw bag balm in one of those fancy mail order catalogs she gets, but you'd have to sell the cow to afford it. Well, I stopped by the feed mill to pick up a fresh can, and guess what. You can get a big can of bag balm, same kind of fancy tin, for less than the small can. Go figure. Anyway, he got alot of bonus points when he gave her a genuine can of bag balm straight from the country. She's a city girl and gets a kick out of those kind of things.
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

etat

Braver than me.  I'd be afraid to kick a city or country girl either! :)  
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Thank You Sponsors!