iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Unrest in the household

Started by Burlkraft, January 17, 2011, 08:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burlkraft

Well it just had to happen.

Seein' how the Packers and Bears split the season games it is only right that they meet in the playoffs.

Jill is a rabid Bear fan and sometimes one of us is very disappointed  :'(  :'(  :'(

I hope it ain't me!
Why not just 1 pain free day?

isawlogs

Just git the wimine a goat and she will cheer up quite quickly  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

ely

the only football game i like is the one where the bears is playing. and i especially like when they beat the packers like a drum.
the way i have it figgured is the bears always owe the packers a beat down for that cheap shot that took out macmans shoulder back in 85 or 86. .... and no im not one to carry a grudge ;D

Jeff

GO PACK! GO PACK!

I just want to point out that the Lions beat the Packers, and as far as the world is concerned, also beat the Bears. Remember the "finish the process" ruling in game one where they stole the winning touchdown from Johnson?  They beat the Bucs, they beat the Vikings, and they were within one score of winning 6 other games and finished the year with 4 wins in a row.

Yea I know, they are the Lions, but I think the tide is turning.

GO  PACK!

I hate da bears.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Cedarman

AH HA!  It is now obvious why Jeff likes bear hunting so much.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Jeff

Yep, that's the tough part.  I'd of had one by now if they wore helmets and carried footballs.  ;)

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

DanG

There is more good news than bad news in the remainder of the playoffs:

Good news- three of them have to lose. ;D

Bad news- one of them is gonna win. :-\
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

WDH

Poor Falcons.  They got trounced.  I suspect that the Pack is Back.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Gary_C

Quote from: WDH on January 17, 2011, 12:42:15 PM
Poor Falcons.  They got trounced.  I suspect that the Pack is Back.

Ya, that was a shocker. I expected to see 60 minutes of hard fought football just like their regular season game. Never expected that kind of a game where the Packers never had to punt once.

You can see why the Bears coach played his starters the entire last game with the Packers and tried to knock them out of the playoffs. The Bears are scared of the Packers and they should be.
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

WDH

That Packer defense really rose to the occasion.  The defensive line dominated.  The offense ain't too bad, either.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

DanG

For some reason, it seems like every time I get to see a game, the Jets are playing.  I can't figure out how they keep winning.  They look like such a cluster.... on the field with their bad snaps, broken plays and dropped passes, but they always seem to get enough big plays to win. ::)  Their defense did give Brady a hard way to go yesterday, though!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jasperfield

Burlcraft,

If she has time to watch TV you need to get her another job (or two). Try it and let us know how it goes.

pigman

All I got to say is if the Packers win it would be a good time for Steve to be quiet.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Banjo picker

I think the pigman may have been married for a while... ;)  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

isawlogs

I think Steve should be living on the edge a bit and do a few side steps and hooting some ....  smiley_blue_bounce smiley_bouncing_pinky smiley_bounce

PS... Steve have ambulance service on speed dial
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Burlkraft

Quote from: ely on January 17, 2011, 09:07:37 AM
the only football game i like is the one where the bears is playing. and i especially like when they beat the packers like a drum.
the way i have it figgured is the bears always owe the packers a beat down for that cheap shot that took out macmans shoulder back in 85 or 86. .... and no im not one to carry a grudge ;D

Now, now, Ely, don't be a hater!  :D  :D  :D

A Bear fan in OK?  They turn up everywhere   ;D  ;D

Our local sports guy had video from over the years of some big Packer/Bear plays.

They showed the one of Jimmy Mac takin' it on the shoulder. That one will never go away  :-\ :-\
Why not just 1 pain free day?

alleyyooper

Being a YOOPER at heart I am a pack fan. I also live in a state where it is a car part or a bird that seems to be the best sports teams. The rest are cats with no teeth, so they won 4 games this year can they match that next year? I think not.

;D   Al
your not fully dressed with out a smile.

Jeff

Apparently you don't pay attention, I know they do carry the sports on channel 6.
They won 6, were robbed of one in Chicago and they were in almost every other game, 7 of which they lost by one score .

The Tigers are not bad either. They were in first place this last year until a string of injuries became their downfall.

red oaks lumber

i think the lions are on the way up,  maybe a couple more yrs they'll be playing for the nfc
the experts think i do things wrong
over 18 million b.f. processed and 7341 happy customers i disagree

Raider Bill

Quote from: red oaks lumber on January 18, 2011, 06:48:14 PM
i think the lions are on the way up,  maybe a couple more yrs they'll be playing for the nfc

There was no other way for them to go! Down wasn't a option as they couldn't get any lower.  ;D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Skip

The Pack is OK but I hate to tell you them Stillers are gonna take #7 yes #7 here we go stellers here we go

alleyyooper

Maybe the lions will some day make it to a play off game, I don't believe that to be soon though.
They have to draft another big name GB to add to the list they have had in the past that JUST didn't pan out.
Remember Ware, Pete, Hanson and possiable Staford who isn't very much able to take hits.

I think the lions made it to one chanpion ship game in my life time (64 years) in, I believe 1954. Wow thats a long tme considering expantion teams have not only went to the super bowl but won them.

Tigers How do you loose a 6 game lead in just ten games? Allow a drunken outfielder to play who is having family problems is the excuse I heard.

;D  Al
your not fully dressed with out a smile.

beenthere

Hope to get my tag today.......

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Payton34

Quote from: Jeff on January 17, 2011, 09:16:06 AM
GO PACK! GO PACK!

I just want to point out that the Lions beat the Packers, and as far as the world is concerned, also beat the Bears. Remember the "finish the process" ruling in game one where they stole the winning touchdown from Johnson?  They beat the Bucs, they beat the Vikings, and they were within one score of winning 6 other games and finished the year with 4 wins in a row.

Yea I know, they are the Lions, but I think the tide is turning.

GO  PACK!

I hate da bears.

hmmmmm..............hate is a strong word, my friend.

Thank You Sponsors!