iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

372xpg or 576xp

Started by DonT, January 15, 2011, 08:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonT

Went out to the shed to get a hammer,took a minute but I finally figured out what was wrong.Four of my saws where not there.After a little rant :-[ i call the cops and look around for other stuff missing.All in all I lost a 372xpg,357xp,stihl 034,and a stihl170,funny thing is there was two 220Ts there to and they did not take them.Anyway i have to replace my beloved 372xpg and I am not sure I want the 576.What are the differances,I think i can still get a 372xp from my dealer.Any suggestions for a 70cc sawJonsereds are out because there is no dealer with in miles of me.

chucker

sorry to hear your loss!! them damned thieves are everywhere!! to answer your question, i bleed red so the jonsered 2171 is the perfect saw in the 70 cc class.... match this saw with a good 24" bar an chisle chain and you have a winner!! oh yes! "LOCK AN LOAD" FRIEND !!!!!!!
respect nature ! and she will produce for you !!  jonsered 625 670  2159 2171/28"  efco 147 husky 390xp/28" .375... 455r/auto tune 18" .58 gauge

Saw Dr.

If you're going to get the 576, I'd look at the autotune version.  Have not run one myself, but they are getting very good reviews.
I don't try to explain to others why I play with chainsaws.  For those who already know, no explanation is needed.  For those who do not, no explanation is POSSIBLE!

Super 250

CX3

Sorry to hear Don.  That stinks.  I have tried lots of saws and we pack five 460 stihls to work every morning now.  Love it.
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

DonT

My local  Husky dealer treats me very well, so I am leaning towards Huskies,all the stihl dealers up here are rental shops and there customer service is lacking  to be polite.My wife has finally got me cooled down about it,but have already started planning new security measures.

ihookem

I'd cry if I lost my 034.

SawTroll

Quote from: Saw Dr. on January 15, 2011, 09:24:02 PM
If you're going to get the 576, I'd look at the autotune version.  Have not run one myself, but they are getting very good reviews.

Yes, but the weight penalty vs. the 372xp goes up....
Information collector.

HolmenTree

Quote from: SawTroll on January 17, 2011, 01:50:47 PM
If you're going to get the 576, I'd look at the autotune version.  Have not run one myself, but they are getting very good reviews.

I believe the 372XPG with heated handles is heavier then the 372XP. But then say if DonT gets the 576XPG AutoTune, that extra weight with the computer etc is so nice with this saw that always runs "perfect". Never need to carry a carb screwdriver or tachometer ever again.

Willard.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

DonT

Well I went shopping today.1- 372xpg,2-357xp's,and one little 353 as a chipper saw.It was an expensive trip.

SawTroll

Quote from: HolmenTree on January 18, 2011, 10:44:22 AM
Quote from: SawTroll on January 17, 2011, 01:50:47 PM
If you're going to get the 576, I'd look at the autotune version.  Have not run one myself, but they are getting very good reviews.

I believe the 372XPG with heated handles is heavier then the 372XP. .... 

Surely it is, but that goes with the 576xpg as well!   ;)
Information collector.

HELSEL

Hey my first post here. The 372 is a great saw it is ready to go to work anytime you are!! The 576 is also a good saw BUT they are not to good in the cold weather. They are very cold blooded. I own them both and I would go with the 372 with out a dought.

HolmenTree

Quote from: HELSEL on January 19, 2011, 02:58:58 PM
Hey my first post here. The 372 is a great saw it is ready to go to work anytime you are!! The 576 is also a good saw BUT they are not to good in the cold weather. They are very cold blooded. I own them both and I would go with the 372 with out a dought.

My 576's run real good in -30C or colder weather. Did you install the two blue winter kit pieces and open the window in the top cover?

Willard.

HELSEL

Quote from: HolmenTree on January 19, 2011, 03:59:46 PM

My 576's run real good in -30C or colder weather. Did you install the two blue winter kit pieces and open the window in the top cover?

Willard.

I don't think we have done anything with them but cut timber. The 372 runs the same in the winter as it does the summer.

Al_Smith

Rick what was  that saw you had that had put down over a million board feet with ?

Cut4fun

If my memory is right Al, it was a Dolmar 7900.

Al_Smith

I only saw it once but for a stock saw it was indeed a runner .

HolmenTree

Quote from: HELSEL on January 19, 2011, 05:27:02 PM

Willard.

I don't think we have done anything with them but cut timber. The 372 runs the same in the winter as it does the summer.
Helsel, what do you call winter temperatures?
I have a winter kit on my 372 also. One piece covers the lower half of the rewind housing to cut down on cold air and stop snow from getting sucked in when the saw is put down on the ground while idling. The other winter kit piece replaces the air injection shroud scoop,it blocks the air injection current and redirects the cylinder heat to the air filter housing.
Now if you don't want to bother with the factory winter kit , a heated carb is available on the 372 and 576s.
But again what are your winter temps?

Willard.

DonT

I decided on the 372xpg because I liked my other one and i am a creature of habit.I also use the winter kit for deep snow.I love my heated handles.I think i would like to give it a little more time before i buy the 576,if it turns out to be as good a saw as the 372 then i would definately buy one down the road.I already miss my o34.

HELSEL

Quote from: HolmenTree on January 19, 2011, 09:04:50 PM
Quote from: HELSEL on January 19, 2011, 05:27:02 PM

Willard.

Helsel, what do you call winter temperatures?
I have a winter kit on my 372 also. One piece covers the lower half of the rewind housing to cut down on cold air and stop snow from getting sucked in when the saw is put down on the ground while idling. The other winter kit piece replaces the air injection shroud scoop,it blocks the air injection current and redirects the cylinder heat to the air filter housing.
Now if you don't want to bother with the factory winter kit , a heated carb is available on the 372 and 576s.
But again what are your winter temps?

Willard.

We get some cold weather here it gets below zero alot. Here is my zip 49663.

HolmenTree

We get some cold weather here it gets below zero alot. Here is my zip 49663.
[/quote]

Helsel, it looks like your getting 16F/-9C in Manton at the moment. I sure wish we had that here,at the moment here its -26F/-32C with a windchill of -48F/-44C.
Going out this morning to remove 3 medium spruce and 2 large poplars. Will have to leave the chipper and stumpgrinder idle to the job.

Willard.

HELSEL

When it gets to cold we don't even go to work.

SawTroll

I have never used the blue winter kits on my Huskys even though the saws came with them, but then I never cut in colder than -15 C, and seldom enough below -5 C.
Information collector.

ChrisF

I've cut in temps close to -25c without putting that kit on my 2171. Had no issues whatsoever. The dealer I got my saw from said his other customers who cut professionally don't bother with them at all, and they cut in temps closer to -35c, and at that point they normally pack it in due to the bar-oil getting too thick/cold.
Jred 2171WH
Husky 242XP

HELSEL

I agree when it gets good and cold the bar oil comes out of the jug about like tar.

Al_Smith

Well I froze my tail end for over twenty years when I worked construction .I don't have to play Eskimo any more so I don't .Fact is the Florida Keys are starting to look good this time of year . ;D

Thank You Sponsors!