iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Understanding Southerners

Started by Raider Bill, January 15, 2011, 01:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Banjo picker

I would have to agree...that was pretty good...Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Tom

I just about laughed myself out of the chair. 

Bill Cosby is a real artist.  He turned that impromptu interview into a "Who's on First" without blinking an eye.

It's a good thing we didn't draw the maps for General Sherman or  he'd never have found the Ocean.  :D :D

Chuck White

Now that was funny.  :D

Wife even came over to ask what's so funny.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

pigman

What's so funny, everyone should know that North is actually south of Columbia. ;D ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

SwampDonkey

I understand'm perfectly. They are afraid of snow and cold because the grits don't generate enough heat and energy for the first part of the day. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

lumberjack48

Thank you Bill, i needed a little humor, have wipe my eyes
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

timberfaller390

Quote from: SwampDonkey on January 15, 2011, 06:14:39 PM
I understand'm perfectly. They are afraid of snow and cold because the grits don't generate enough heat and energy for the first part of the day. ;D

Yes, cold sucks, snow is worse but anybody that can't live on grits just ain't eating enough.
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

SwampDonkey

What's the required/recommended dosage? ;)

One of my favorite comic movies is "My Cousin Vinny" both for Herman Munster and for the scenes about making grits in the restaurant and in court drilling the guy over how grits is suppose to be made. 

What is a yute? :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Radar67

All you can stand, then double it. Twice a day!!!! ;)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

SwampDonkey

I'd probably develop the colic. :D

paul case

the part that was real funny is ''north is southeast of west ,south carolina!!!''

i was scratching my head! pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Magicman

That was a nice chuckle.   :D :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Norm

That's funny!

Thanks Bill, Bill Cosby is one of my favorite all time comedians. :D

Chuck White

Couldn't stand it anymore, I had to get the map out and find North, South Carolina.

North is South East of West South Carolina.  Same as South West of East South Carolina.  ;D

That kind of thinkin' can make your head hurt!  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Banjo picker

Now if you just knew how Due West fits in.... :)  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Magicman

I sawed a job between D'Lo and Soso.  They are both East of Shivers and North of Hot Coffee, and I had to drive through Hog Chain to get there.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bibbyman

There is a town south of us named "Enon".  Story goes that when they put the rail road in they planned for a station about every 8 miles.   They got to this place and there was nothing there.  So, on the map it was marked "None".  Can't name a town None so they just turned it around – Enon.

B.T.W.  I could understand the lady perfectly.  I love southern accents.  I love to listen to RMay's wife Vester talk. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

whiskers

North is easy to find. It''s 30 miles Southwest of Eastover, 20 miles South of West Columbia 85 miles Southeast of Due West and 83 miles Northwest of North Charleston, or you can follow the C130s to North Field.
many irons in the fire.........

isawlogs

I was raised in Northfield , wich is east of Gracefield , wich is 60 miles north of West hull , wich is north of Ottawa :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Was born and raised and deeply rooted in northwestern NB. Where the snow piles deep, see the sun at least once a week, wind always blows, and black flies hum all summer long. :D

PC-Urban-Sawyer

When I was 11-12 yrs old we lived in Day, Florida. The old folks said there used to be another small town down the roade named Night...

Thank You Sponsors!