iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First spring catalog arrived today!

Started by chain, January 15, 2011, 11:23:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chain

As well as first morning above freezing , but 'ol man Winter is just jokin' around, three days of freezing rain forecast this next week!

But what better way of lasting out the winter as of reading and planning out our gardens and plantings by the fireside on cold winter days? :)

Tom

QuoteBut what better way of lasting out the winter.....

You gotta be careful with that fireplace sitting.  There's been lots of youngsters born in Sept., Oct., and Nov. from just such shenanigans.

chain

Quote from: Tom on January 15, 2011, 11:35:39 AM

QuoteBut what better way of lasting out the winter.....

You gotta be careful with that fireplace sitting.  There's been lots of youngsters born in Sept., Oct., and Nov. from just such shenanigans.

She's fixed and I shoot blanks,  I believe the subject was spring catalog vs. winter. ;)

Chuck White

Nuff said!   ;)

We got a seed catalog just a few days ago.

I'd like to put in a garden this year.   Nothing better than "right out of the garden"!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

Yeah, but I can wait a little while longer. I'm not done with having fun in winter. ;D

That freezing mess might be making it here to. ::) Might help sledding though. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

doctorb

Bass Pro Shops - arrived this week.  Need I say more?  I still love winter though.
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

jim king

It is always summer here.  My sister inlaw is sending Golden Globe and Beef Eater tomatoe seed  by mail  next week.  I should have them in Feb.  Just got my raised gardens done.

Bibbyman

Mary got one yesterday and was real excited.  :P
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Patty

We get our seed catalogs earlier every year. This year they started before Thanksgiving!  ::)

Norm & I sat by the fireplace the other night and figured out our garden order. The first pack of seeds arrived last week.  :)

This year we are going to try grapes. Iowa has become quite the little wine producing state!
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

SwampDonkey

Yeah, I got one catalog back in October from Mackenzie's. Some varieties of grapes grow up here for gardeners. I have some, but the season is to short for mine, they remain green and small. Some of them were from mail order and some were just red grape seeds from the grocery, I took the seeds out and germinated them. They've been growing down on the edge of the garden wild for 20 years. We also have wild grapes along the river, I think some people may make jam from those. They are too sour to eat. I've stopped ordering shrubs and seeds from those outfits quite a few years ago. The stock mostly isn't hardy enough. And the seeds I have better luck getting them at a local store.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Bibbyman

Quote from: Patty on January 16, 2011, 09:06:30 AM
This year we are going to try grapes. Iowa has become quite the little wine producing state!

When Mary was up to visit son and daughter-in-law in Minnesota a few months back she read some stuff about Minnesota becoming a grape and wine state.  Said one old timer started many years back selecting and developing grape vines that would work in their climate and soil.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

bugdust

Yeah, I got three seed catalogs the same day, and most exciting was the new telephone book that came with them. I can't wait to see if my name is in there again. Now that's what's a mystery, they never ask if I wanted them to do that. Aint it nice of those folks to do such a kind deed, and on top of that they never send me a bill for it?
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

Thank You Sponsors!