iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

People Protest

Started by QuintonAlame, January 14, 2011, 10:02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisF

Judging from the Finnish people I know, I have no problem believing that story. Good stuff!  ;D
Jred 2171WH
Husky 242XP

shtickhead

jim king

I can´t download the video but I can imagine what it is.  Do the idiots eat peanuts, wheat, niger toes, cashews ?¿.  If so they are eating fetuses.  I could care less about abortion as it is obvious there should have been a lot more , just look at Washington,  these people are vegetarian  hipocrates.

CX3

That video is nuts.  Those people are honestly weird. 

A guy a while back came running over to me from his side of the fence, to a spot where I was getting ready to lay down a big red oak.  He about started crying, told me that he hated loggers and there was no need for this nonsense.  I just flipped off my helmet, and walked over there and said then burn your house, never use another square of toilet paper, and dont write the congressman using a pencil.  He just turned around and went back to the house.  3 hours later he came out and I bought 11 big walnut trees from him! 
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

SwampDonkey

Must've came down off his high. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

D Hagens

I watched that vid, almost barfed. What a bunch of idiots!
When a tree falls in a forest does anybody hear? I hope not as the trees put them out of their painful misery! :)
I'm sorry but that's just a fine example of a waste of human skin. :o

SwampDonkey

They're probably on something strong and it isn't coffee and cashews. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

D Hagens

Quote from: SwampDonkey on January 15, 2011, 07:43:35 PM
They're probably on something strong and it isn't coffee and cashews. :D

Hey speaking of cashews has anyone tried them with seasoning salt? I was thinking about this last night.  :)

SwampDonkey

I have some in with a canister of Planter's Mixed nuts, has sea salt on them. ;D I like to know the difference between that and table salt, tastes the same. I guess it can't be iodized. Salt is salt to me. ;)

submarinesailor

An other thread gone to food. :D :D :D

Bruce

Mooseherder

One Of those salts has fish poop in it. ;D

D Hagens

K then what's the deal with rock salt? Is it only good for your driveway? :D

Mooseherder

I've heard tell of it used in some Shotguns.

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Mooseherder on January 15, 2011, 08:18:59 PM
I've heard tell of it used in some Shotguns.

Formidable against tree huggers I've recently read. ;D

paul case

wow !!!!! that must be some kind of record. full circle from thread to food and back again in about 8 posts. you all are the best! ;D 
you know they used to call loggers tree huggers because many of them would hug a tree to see if it was big enough to cut. me, i hug one and if it dont hug back, i cut her! pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

fuzzybear

Quote from: paul case on January 15, 2011, 09:01:06 PM
wow !!!!! that must be some kind of record. full circle from thread to food and back again in about 8 posts. you all are the best! ;D 
you know they used to call loggers tree huggers because many of them would hug a tree to see if it was big enough to cut. me, i hug one and if it dont hug back, i cut her! pc
:D :D :D
I never met a tree I didn't like!!

Jeff

Quote from: timberfaller390 on January 15, 2011, 09:01:45 AM
I don't know how it is in MO, but in GA. a 12 gauge stoked with rock salt would disperse them real quick.

That's not a good option anywhere.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Skiddah

I've had quite a bit of experience dealing with these protestors.  My first and most important bit of advice to you, is not to engage them!!!  Do NOT do anything, violent or otherwise, to engage them.  It's exactly what they want.  If you haven't noticed already, they have one or more of their running buddies with a video camera documenting the whole encounter.  They'd love nothing more than to post to their website, YouTube, etc., a video of you or anyone in your crew getting heated with them.  It shows that they "won" and paints you in a negative light.  As was evidenced in the video posted on this thread, these people are not grounded in reality and fight their battles in the court of public opinion.

I was working on a large scale industrial wind project off and on for the past two years.  I cut on the transmission right-of-way from the wind turbines to the substation where it connected to the grid.  Last summer I was up on the ROW again trimming some high stumps and the like and Earth First! rolled into town to protest.  We were in an area that had multiple targets for them:  Plum Creek, Poland Spring Water, and industrial wind.  They held a little camp out in some farmer's field and conducted seminars about how to climb trees and wait it out in them, how to scale buildings and drape signs, how to eat roadkill (no joke!), etc.  Well, when all these hippies got together, you can imagine where all the black flies congregated!  :D  The worst part about it was that they posted all over their websites where in the local towns they could use their food stamps, government assistance, etc.  All in all we're paying for these dirtbags to go protest!  It kills me.  You want to tell them to get out of your way, you need to get to work and pay your taxes so their government checks will still cash.

I really like the idea of documenting the amount that it costs you and suing them.  That sounds like the best solution to me.  Hopefully I never have to encounter them again, but if I do, that'll be the approach I'll take.

Remember, don't sink to their level and engage them!!  Wait it out and try to stick it to them when you can.  Good luck and you're not alone in this battle.  All of us loggers need to stand united against them.  I might be a few thousand miles from you friend, but I'm on your side!!!

chain

I really hate to see that protesting stuff get started in the private sector; I've known of  protesting  in some of the Mark Twain National Forest projects here in Missouri, as  when clear-cutting began as a common forestry practice. But today, unfortunately, we have a culture not so kind to those of us working, making livings in traditional venues.

Here's something to consider and shocking to me... this last week I was paying fuel bills when opening the Shell Oil invoice I noticed the print saying something like, "go on line save paper and trees" Can you imagine, a hugh company like Shell disrespecting our whole paper and forest industries? [Not unlike Oprah of years past telling those to not eat beef when half the children of the continent of Africa were starving or undernourished but for the lack of good red meat!"  :(

paul case

ther may be a few die hards but most of those protesters are oblivious to the fact they live in wood framed house and read a newsPAPER everyday and wipe with.....  well you get the picture . i am on your side as well .  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

quietrangr

Yes, it's interesting to see people who live in wood houses, maybe burn wood for heat, and use paper products repeatedly every day of their lives, write in to the local news outlet and have their anti-logging opinions printed and distributed on pulverized wood,

snowstorm

anybody see the pic last summer of the protester that chained herself under one of poland springs trailer

SPIKER

Quote from: snowstorm on January 16, 2011, 12:39:36 PM
anybody see the pic last summer of the protester that chained herself under one of poland springs trailer

got the pic? or ya just mentioning it?

mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

snowstorm

it was in the kingfeild paper. one walked in front of the truck while she was talking to the driver her pal got under the tralier put a lock around her neck and the landing gear

Ron Scott

Quote from: Rocky_Ranger on January 15, 2011, 10:59:20 AM
Protest in SW Missouri?  Tell us more, folks in Missouri are generally considered "normal" (with a few exceptions), must be a heck of an undertaking to have Missourians up in arms over timber harvest.  What are their concerns; cutting trees or cutting those trees?  Are there ways to mitigate the effects?

Yes, what are the issues and concerns of your clearcutting the 100 acres?
~Ron

Thank You Sponsors!