Plugged applicator fixed!

Started by Brad_bb, January 12, 2011, 08:53:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad_bb

So as I was using my little squeeze bottle with the needle applicator, I had stuck it in where there was old grease and dirt.  It plugged the tip.  That tip is so small that nothing will fit, not even a needle.  I squeezed and squeezed trying to get it unplugged and nothing happened.  That was a couple months ago.  Today I needed the lube, and it hit me...now, I don't know if rust reaper is flammable so beware, I took a mapp torch and slowly heated the tip of the applicator, keeping my finger near so as not to over heat it.  I kept the flame a decent distance away so it would slowly heat.  It didn't take long and pop!  I squeezed the clog free!
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Mike_P.

Brad:

The advantage of the small id tip is that you can really control the flow and placement of the lube.  The bad, of course, is what you discovered when the tip is clogged and is too small to be cleaned conventionally. 

A customer at an alternator repair shop in Louisiana used to grind off a little of the tip to clean it up. 

Rust Reaper is a class IIIB combustible with a flashpoint over 200d. F.  It's not real flammable, but you still want to be careful around open flames. 

Thanks for using Rust Reaper.  Mike

Ron Scott

I just snip the plugged end of the needle applicator off with a scissors. ;)
~Ron