iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Land dispute

Started by jim king, January 08, 2011, 08:41:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jim king

This was on the front page of one of the newspapers.  Some people tried to take over a peice of property that already has an owner and the police didn´t agree.  A lot of desperation over land that has access here as there are no places left to build that can be reached by dry land.

The people tried to take over the land using clubs and machetes but the police had shotguns.

lumberjack48

This is just a start of whats going to happen all over the world, a sad day
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

Tom

Is that Fla.-Deadheader with the sunglasses on? :-\ :D

Fla._Deadheader

You don't see the Shotgun in my hand, do you  ::) ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Brad_bb

Why would the thieves pose for a picture?  That doesn't make sense.  Or are those the police?
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

jim king

Brad_bb :

QuoteWhy would the thieves pose for a picture?  That doesn't make sense.  Or are those the police?

It doesn´t have to make sense, we are in the Amazon.  Invading property is an old custom here.  Up until recently all who invaded were successful.  Usually there is a lawyer behind this problem.  He will promise the people that if the  land is not actively being used they have the right to it and for a couple of dollars each every month he will make sure they win and he will sell it to them cheap.

Things are changing now since titles to property have come into being.  Usually the owner of the property pays the police to go in and burn down the squatters houses and tear gas them and all is OK but this time the squatters attacked the police and a couple lost thier sense of humor.

Several months ago 38 were killed in a situation like this , mostly police.  The police reacted when the locals tried to take over an oil companies property .  The judge turned the locals loose after apparently receiving a good bit of change from human rights groups from the US and England.

Here is a link from one of the groups supporting the violence in the name of saving the indigenous and keeping them in the dark .  Another group of Non Profit Organizations receiving money from well meaning people who have no idea of the facts.

These human rights groups are not the fine people they claim to be, right now the locals are sueing them as the money they have recieved all was stolen and the locals got nothing.  Life goes around and around. The human rights groups generally belong in the same slime bucket as the fake ecology groups.

http://www.internationalviewpoint.org/spip.php?article1697

Thank You Sponsors!