iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fishpharmer = Snow !

Started by Autocar, January 07, 2011, 05:29:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

You had better get out your long johns and snow shoes it will be at your place on Sunday  :D
Bill

fishpharmer

Dadgummit, I thought we were friends. :D  I guess I  can't blame you. :(
I'd really rather not have it.

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

SwampDonkey

Frozen fish fillets.  :o :D  Just bring your own box and when they land they are frozen for packing.

You fellas have heard of the term 'landing a fish'?  Just thought I'd ask. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

fishpharmer

Birds land, fish fry, launch the boat at the landing.  You need to get out more  ;):D

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Mooseherder

Head south for the weekend James.
I know of a feller you can visit. :)

fishpharmer

Sure is tempting, the poor cows would starve without me.  Thanks for the offer.

timberfaller390

They're calling for about six inches here. Did I ever tell ya'll how much I hate and loathe and despise winter?
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

SwampDonkey

Yeah, but your young and tough.  ;D :D

Some of us up here are crazy about winter. ;) ;D Making sleds to go skiing over it, now how crazy is that? :D ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

DanG

Y'all can just keep that stuff up there, if ya don't mind.  I've seen snow before, and found nothing to recommend it.  It is just an obnoxious white material that serves no useful purpose, but causes great inconvenience.  White isn't even my favorite color.  I much prefer green.
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

fishpharmer

Well put DanG. 8)  Green is my favorite color.

SwampDonkey

I like icey blue.  ;D :D

Mowing the lawn is one of the worst nuisances. Along with the allergies and bugs. Stone cold will stop up a lot of them nuisances. :D

thecfarm

DanG,kinda like grits.  ;D I feel the same way.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

I am supposed to drive to Hattiesburg Monday.  That might not be a good plan. 

At least grits keep you warm  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

thecfarm

DanG,I suppose you are just being funny,but that white stuff does serve a purpose when it gets cold here.Acts as a insulation for the trees and plants.Cold I mean in the single numbers and below zero,not 30°.  ;D I still think the stock just dropped me off here in Maine because I was to heavy for him to carry me any further south.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

wwsjr

Predictions for North MS are 4" to 8". Snow moving from the SSW on Sunday night. Historically, any measurable snowfall we have had arrives from SW after pulling Gulf moisture and meeting with cold air from north.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

Radar67

Quote from: WDH on January 08, 2011, 08:43:12 AM
I am supposed to drive to Hattiesburg Monday.

We are not expecting anything too drastic Danny. It may snow, but the temps are not going to drop below freezing. If you come to the Burg, you better let me know if you have some spare time. I get off work at 4:30.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Autocar

Iam sure I saw geese flying south today and they made a u turn and headed back north. I suppose they heard thur the jet stream its no warmer down south so they figured they might as well save there engery and stay here  ;D
Bill

PineNut

Snow in Mississippi
It's here
It's pretty
It's gone

Woodwalker

Don't know how bad it's going to be, but the predictions are bad enough that line crews from several states are already staged through out Mississippi and Arkansas. We left Texas this morning, got in a motel here in Jackson a couple of hours ago.
I would much rather work a hurricane that an ice storm.
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

Just Me

Nothing funnier than being down South in a snowstorm and watching you guys drive. :D

Just another day in the park for us......

SwampDonkey

Can't drive the car like summer, that is for sure. ;D

Radar67

Quote from: Just Me on January 09, 2011, 06:15:55 AM
Nothing funnier than being down South in a snowstorm and watching you guys drive. :D

After spending three years in Germany, I know how to drive in the snow, it is funny to watch everyone else slide around though. ;)
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

fishpharmer

We got lucky on this one.  No snow, some ice, too warm to stick on the roads.  Some did stick on the bridges.  Now, midday, its mostly gone. 

How did others in SE fair?

woodsteach

Well here in the SE corner of Nebraska we have 8" and it is still coming down!  The wind is supposed to start blowing later on.  That will cause this fluffy stuff to move somewhere ;D

Doesn't snow add nitrogen to the soil?

woodsteach

check out the teach part = SNOW DAY!  8) 8) 8)  so far the girls and I have scouped the driveway and alley.  The Mrs (artteach)  has made homemade noodles for chicken soup for lunch and monster cookies for after sledding snack.

Brand X Swing Mill, JD 317 Skidloader, MS460 & 290, the best family a guy could ever dream of...all provided by God up above.  (with help from our banker ; ) )

jim king

Thank You Sponsors!