iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bridal Falls B.C

Started by D Hagens, January 04, 2011, 06:22:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D Hagens

Here's some pics of Bridal Falls. It's located about an hour and a bit from us.
On the walk up.

The falls.

I climb to the top of this.

Our stuffy that goes everywhere! :D

He or she has no name but gives us directions. :)

Ianab

Excellent - looks almost like home  :) Ferns and all.

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

D Hagens

Ian I have a few cousins in New Zealand and they've sent a few pics over the years and it's almost like B.C. What's the highest mountains over there?

Ianab

Quote from: D Hagens on January 05, 2011, 02:39:19 PM

Ian I have a few cousins in New Zealand and they've sent a few pics over the years and it's almost like B.C. What's the highest mountains over there?

Here in the Nth Island, a bit over 9,000 ft, and our local hill is 8,200. These are isolated volcanic cones.

Mt Egmont (8,200ft) from over the back fence.

The South Island is more mountainous, with Mt Cook at 12,300
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aoraki_/_Mount_Cook

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

mometal77

Dont forget Harrison lake,Hotsprings resort.  Chillwack river or cultus lake/waterslides.  If your a single guy on a sunny day it is the best lol.  My mouth about dropped and it was not over the good fishing.  Gold panning is a lot of fun and some of the best fishing around.  Un tapped off the trail adventures a lot do not know about up in those parts.  If going to bridal falls bring hiking boots a lot of visitors i saw sliding on there back sides and in high heels or shoes not for off the pavement I do think i have pictures and a video of this somewhere.
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

sawguy21

Quote from: mometal77 on May 08, 2011, 11:08:53 AM
If your a single guy on a sunny day it is the best lol.  My mouth about dropped and it was not over the good fishing. 
I know what you mean. The area is beautiful in it's own right though.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

D Hagens

Quote from: mometal77 on May 08, 2011, 11:08:53 AM
Dont forget Harrison lake,Hotsprings resort.  Chillwack river or cultus lake/waterslides.  If your a single guy on a sunny day it is the best lol.  My mouth about dropped and it was not over the good fishing.  Gold panning is a lot of fun and some of the best fishing around.  Un tapped off the trail adventures a lot do not know about up in those parts.  If going to bridal falls bring hiking boots a lot of visitors i saw sliding on there back sides and in high heels or shoes not for off the pavement I do think i have pictures and a video of this somewhere.

Harrison is very pretty in the winter but come the summer seasons it's wall to wall people......never been my thing ;)
Cultus has really gone to the Vancouver yuppies as the place to get away for the long weekends.
There really are some special un-tapped places in B.C that would amaze most people. :)
During the end of the week I'm going to get some pics of the mountains before the snow melts away and post a few more pics.
Where I'm going there's a few old mines that are off the beaten track, will get some pics of those too. :)

Chris Burchfield

Thanks for the pics.  Looks very much like the terrain and falls in the Smokey Mountains.  My wife and I have spent a lot of time vacationing in the Smokeys and some time on the Blue Ridge Parkway atop of the mountains.  Beautiful what God created for us to see.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

D Hagens

Your welcome Chris :)
"Beautiful what God created for us to see"  This is very true and I like that saying :) Most people spend their lives working and living for that dream of retiring. Seems that they miss out on all that's out there that Mother Nature has to offer...........
Working hard is one thing but you have to make time for yourself to get back to nature away from people and enjoy yourself.........I do this weekly and it really takes me away from everything :)

I can't wait till Friday when I can do a road trip with my cameras and no stress :)

mometal77

When fishing i ran into a ferc engineer who takes his sailboat up the bc coast.

Buttedale,BC there is an old 2 mega watt generator in an old salmon cannery.  about 30 miles off the main road up in the middle of no where in habitats are 3 to the town and the man said it was like walking into a jules vern novel.

My grandfather owned a small logging outfit after ww2 and my dad at age 6 had his own pet bear go figure long story but yes un tapped wilderness.  And i agree too many bc yuppies anyone with money come from somewhere else.  I still laugh about the alex fraser is it? Where the german govt owns it and they are charging canadians for 34 yrs to cross over... BC is still a beautiful place very happy it is 20 minutes away...
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

D Hagens

Hey mometal77 I was wondering where Buttedale is? It rings a bell :)
Do you have any pics of the logging outfit that your Grandfather had?
The Alex Fraser Bridge doesn't have a toll, the new Golden Ears Bridge has a cam toll and it's a bit of a joke as I on most months pay over a 100 bucks to cross it :D
I've spent many mornings before work watching the bridge being constructed, it's absolutely perfect and it's made a big difference to traffic and the look of it is spectacular :)
The company that built it held the cost of it, put a few mill on the governments back and carried the rest for 34 years. They have this idea that people will use it and pay the toll but so far there's not much traffic.
I'm thinking that this toll brigde will be like the other bridges here where their built, the company does the bankruptcy thing and us tax payers bail them out and no more tolls on the bridge 8)

mometal77

Hagens,

You are right golden ears bridge.  The company my dad was working FRPD with put the piles into that bridge and later heard him complain about the canadians do not even own it.  I thought every year when you go an apply to pay your icbc insurance is when you pay for crossing... i have some washington plates you can borrow every time you go over that bridge if you want... :D 

The alex fraser bridge did it go through on the tear down? They talked about it in feb.

My father has a few photos in the old cedar chest and some still un developed negatives.  I have a new scanner with this cannon I need to put to good use.  And on a cd then into the safety dep box for safe keeping.

Buttedale,BC up on Prince Royal Island near the channel.  Is what I was told. I have seen photos online and caught a program on tv one night when a guy traveled to alaska.  Looks like a neat small town to visit where the ferry does not stop.  Only have 3 to 4 residents and the guy said if you visit bring a bag of coffee and cans of food.

D Hagens

How it works with the bridge toll is that they send you a bill every month, if you don't pay it they won't let you put insurance on your car when you re-new it :o Them plates would come in handy 8)
As for the Alex Fraser being torn down it was pretty much built a few years back. I think your thinking about the Pattulo, they talk about ripping it down, building a second bridge but at the moment they really need to think about things before they make a mess of it.
Buttedale, k now my brain remembers where it is, there's so many islands up and down the coast and up to Alaska that it's hard to remember them all.
From what I remember it was a fishing town and now it's a town falling off it's pilings as most of the town was built on the edge of the water.
Still it would be a great place to visit and some pics if you have them would be great.

Thank You Sponsors!