iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The "came here from other chainsaw forum" thread

Started by Saw Dr., January 03, 2011, 08:15:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saw Dr.

I thought it would be interesting to spend my first post seeing who else is here that I might know.  Recent updates and hacking elsewhere have caused an interesting movement among these boards....  So who else is making the jump? 

The Doctor is in.
I don't try to explain to others why I play with chainsaws.  For those who already know, no explanation is needed.  For those who do not, no explanation is POSSIBLE!

Super 250

Jeff

I've always been here.  ;)

Welcome to the Forestry Forum.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

miking

Echo CS530, 600 and 680 chainsaws, SRM410U brushcutter, PB500 blower and PP265 power pruner. Also a Stihl 192c for the lil' stuff.

wannabeonetoo

I've been here a while,just a bit more frequently now  ;D

Steve

Saw Dr.

Yeah, this place looks pretty cool.  I didn't even know it existed until parrisw mentioned it on another site...  So you guys can blame Will for tipping me off.
I don't try to explain to others why I play with chainsaws.  For those who already know, no explanation is needed.  For those who do not, no explanation is POSSIBLE!

Super 250

Raider Bill

We welcome all you Saw guys here! Great place without all the crap many forums have. Great people. Glad to see you!
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

ely

weimedog

You ID'ed one one of my mystery cylinders on the other side...The Dolmar & Echo were ID'ed..but still one left! I got temporarily shut out of that place for some unknown reason probably related to the forum upgrade, found this forum is a much more pleasant place to be! And most of my com padre's from over there are showing up here! So a maybe few visits back there from time to time but things happen for a reason...and without the "bump" I wouldn't have focused on this place! And Saw's & Com padre's aside there seems to be more here for my real work relative to the farm and my wood lots. I just keep reading....much more learning in the other area's here on this forum for me to do. Hope you find the same and hang around..

(BTW the "java upload' feature where it re-sizes pics is SO nice!)
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

Saw Dr.

Quote from: weimedog on January 03, 2011, 09:26:54 AM
You ID'ed one one of my mystery cylinders on the other side...The Dolmar & Echo were ID'ed..but still one left! I got temporarily shut out of that place for some unknown reason probably related to the forum upgrade, found this forum is a much more pleasant place to be! And most of my com padre's from over there are showing up here! So a maybe few visits back there from time to time but things happen for a reason...and without the "bump" I wouldn't have focused on this place! And Saw's & Com padre's aside there seems to be more here for my real work relative to the farm and my wood lots. I just keep reading....much more learning in the other area's here on this forum for me to do. Hope you find the same and hang around..

(BTW the "java upload' feature where it re-sizes pics is SO nice!)

Please feel free to send me all 3 of those cylinders.  I'll be happy to match up that third one after I get done putting a 143 top end on my Makita cutoff saw.....  Lol. 

Super 250

weimedog

That's pretty good!  :D You have any J-red 630 or 2094 parts? (Bits & pieces..I have SO many bottom ends!...You can Have one either way actually...come up to one of the GTG's! in the neck of the woods, it will be a door prize!) (If you have a reason or desire to pursue this line of thought..PM's work fine.. :) )
Husqvarna 365sp/372xpw Blend, Jonsered 2171 51.4mm XPW build,562xp HTSS, 560 HTSS, 272XP, 61/272XP, 555, 257, 242, 238, Homelite S-XL 925, XP-1020A, Super XL (Dad's saw); Jonsered 2094, Three 920's, CS-2172, Solo 603; 3 Huztl MS660's (2 54mm and 1 56mm)

Cut4fun

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SawTroll

Quote from: Saw Dr. on January 03, 2011, 08:15:39 AM
I thought it would be interesting to spend my first post seeing who else is here that I might know.  Recent updates and hacking elsewhere have caused an interesting movement among these boards....  So who else is making the jump? 

The Doctor is in.

Welcome here!   :)
Information collector.

John R

This is the first saw board that I ever was on.
John

Sthil MS 361 20" Bar
Sthil MS 260 PRO 16" Bar
Oregon 511 AX Chain Grinder

SeanC

Hello!

I've been lurking and decided to join today. I usually frequent another site, but always wish for more traffic here to read. I think that may come to pass if the other site continues to have loading issues - I haven't been able to get on at all today.

-Sean

SwampDonkey

Maybe it's time to look beyond the chainsaw in our other boards. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

Yup, there is real interesting stuff is spread all over the Forestry Forum and you won't have enough time in the day to read what gets posted daily. 

I'll take the blame for the chainsaw board not growing as it could. I do understand that the chainsaw guys are a bit more rough and tumble and used to a different line of conduct then what I will allow here, but our goal is to make sure that anyone and everyone that comes here does it without fear of objecting to content or conduct. Some places are just better suited to sniffing two stroke fumes and arguing about this versus that. Don't let that fool ya into thinking I wash with baby wipes though. ;)

nmurph

i have been a member for a while. it is def more of a genial forum, though i don't think the knowledge content is as thorough as it is elsewhere. you probably doubled the saw knowledge when you joined tim.

Troutfisher

Hi Everybody, I joined here a year ago, but re-discovered this forum because of recent events in the chainsaw-internet world. I's good to see some familiar usernames!

Al_Smith

Quote from: Jeff on January 03, 2011, 07:19:38 PM
I'll take the blame for the chainsaw board not growing as it could. I do understand that the chainsaw guys are a bit more rough and tumble and used to a different line of conduct then what I will allow here,  
Well--maybe to a point but you have to admit for the most part most of us have been quite gentlemanly . ;D
I never much brought up the issue of souped up saws on this forum because quite frankly the interest didn't seem to be here .Maybe I was wrong about that ?

Troutfisher

Quote from: Al_Smith on January 03, 2011, 07:48:20 PM
I never much brought up the issue of souped up saws on this forum because quite frankly the interest didn't seem to be here .Maybe I was wrong about that ?

I agree Al, that's why I didn't hang around much. I got the same feeling at Tree World, not much interest in hot rod saws.

Jeff

QuoteWell--maybe to a point but you have to admit for the most part most of us have been quite gentlemanly

That's pretty true.

However there have been a few over the years that announce their arrival with such insolent bravado that they become extinct before they can breed.  ;)

SwampDonkey

Now if you fella's were to talk a bit about brush saw work, I might be able to entertain you some more. :D  :D

Yeah, Jeff had to cut the throttle cable of one or two big ego types on occasion. ;D One fella figured he was the only one on here cutting big sticks. ;)

Al_Smith

Well for heavens sake I never even knew what a brush saw was until you chimed in .Much less how or why to soup one up . I'll bet that thing would be a hoot with tuned pipe . 8)

SwampDonkey

I seen one young feller make a moped out of one, hooked to a bicycle. :D Neighbor's kid. His father has a shed full of brush saws and bins of parts.

Thank You Sponsors!