iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Oh no.

Started by Viking, November 29, 2003, 08:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

I went to start up my saw this morning, go it warmed up, then went to rev it and the chain wouldnt move, so I checvked the brake, it wasn't on. So i tryed to pull the chain, still wouldnt move. So I removed the side, checked and it was frozen from all of the saw dust and chain oil mixed with snow and ice. so I cleaned it out and went to put the side back on, got the first nut on, then as i was tightening the second one this happened.

No, I wasn't cranking it reallyh tight, it was just getting snug. Anyway are those easy to fix ? I have another one on a different husky saw here. Do they go in like lug's on a car or truck ? Pop them out and put the new on it ? or ?

etat

Wisht I had some advice but I have no idea.  I can tell you what I think WONT work.  Super glue, duct tape, bailing wire, hay string, and 16 penny nails.  Sorry fer not bein more helpful!
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Minnesota_boy

I'd have to see the saw real close up to tell.  Those could be studs screwed into the housing or bolts that are put in through the oil tank.  I've seen both.  Best bet, take it to the dealer and have their mechanic put the new one in.
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

Corley5

My 395 Husky's stud got pushed baack into the oil tank once.  The dealer charged 10 bucks to fix it. 8) 8)  Pretty good deal I thought
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Gus

Viking,
Never been through that one. Dunno how they are installed. Never looked close I guess.
Gus
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

qatanlison

To replace the studs, empty the oil-tank and simply tap the stud inwards - it'll land in the oil otherwise... With a steel-cord around the new stud, guide it into the hole and you're ready to go again...

/Ola

chet

Yup as Ola said. Sometimes it can take a little bit to fish in the new one, but it can be done.   :-/

Viking,  when cutting in snow and cold, I always rev up the saw for a bit before I shut it down for the day. This will melt off any snow and dry off the bar and chain. The next day it will take right off.   :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Viking

thanks for the tips guys, ill try and fish the bolt in with the wire.

etat

sorry, guess I was wrong about that there bailing wire.  Maybe you could use it to help fish the bolt through.
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Sawyerfortyish

cktate
You forgot to mention bubble gum.
 Maybe you could stick it to the stud and guide it through the hole :D ;D

etat

Thank You Sponsors!