iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone know Barko 40 Loader specs.?

Started by BOBWOOD, December 30, 2010, 05:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOBWOOD

Hi all. I've been searching the net for information on a early 70's Barko 40 log loader with no success. I'd appreciate the specs. if anyone can help me so I can base my descision on reliable data. I am in the midddle of a deal for a machine but I want to be certain it is going to do the job I need it to.....Thanks BOB

Just as an update I found out the load specs....3200#@10' 2000#@16'

lumberjack48

I don't know the specs. , i had a Barko 60 it was a good loader, i new a guy who had a 40 on a tandem truck, he hauled  thro's cords with it.
Before you buy it make sure the brass bushings on the mast are good, a Barko 40 is know en to be a mast breaker if over used, can be dangerous.     
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

missouri_logger

i have a barko 40 on a pre hauling truck it is a nice loader will load alot if you just know how to use it check the mast out for cracks and make sure the brass is good my mast broke off mine almost took me out when it did thats the only down fall to them i like mine for prehauling hope i helped  8)

BOBWOOD

Thanks for the info guys...checked out the machine...it is old and worn but the price does reflect that...there are some small cracks forming and the pins/bushings are worn quite bad...I couldn't see the brass turn table bushing...someone welded a skirting around the big gear so you can't see in there...I could see down inside from the top but I didn't really know what I was looking at. How much play is too much? If I had to guess I'd say maybe 3/8" movement...you can tell that the small drive gears are worn unevenly top to bottom slightly as they have been out of parallel...also didn't see any way of greasing it either....Anyone have any idea how much those new bushings cost?...

lumberjack48

If the price is right, and you have the time to rebuild it, you can have a machinist make the bushings for it, i think you could rebuild that at reasonable cost. Make a few calls around and see what they charge for making brass bushing.
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

BOBWOOD

Thanks again for the advice guys. Anyway, just thought I'd add a couple of pics. I will take some more after the machine arrives here.

Ironwood

Looks like a simple loader, and able to be worked on fairly easily.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

treefarmer87

was that piece of equipment was on machinery trader?
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

BOBWOOD

yes treefarmer87 that's where I found it...

treefarmer87

1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Thank You Sponsors!