iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Texting while driving

Started by Raider Bill, December 30, 2010, 12:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Chuck White

Excellent post Raider Bill.  Sometimes we need reminders. :'(

I'll see to it that my daughter and some nieces & nephews view it.

Thanks.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

jim king

I can relate to that.  The young girl that hit my wife was on the cell phone.

isawlogs

Here cell phone use is illegal while driving, actualy having any electronic gadget in your hands while driving will have a direct effect to your bank account, it will go down some.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Quote from: isawlogs on December 30, 2010, 06:06:57 PM

Here cell phone use is illegal while driving, actualy having any electronic gadget in your hands while driving will have a direct effect to your bank account, it will go down some.

Ditto.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Raider Bill

I just got back from the gun range watching my Son shoot in his league.
Heading home minding my own bidness I noticed a shadow coming over to my air space, it's a car with a young girl texting. Luckily I was able to get away from her. At the next light I got off the bike and asked her if she even saw that she forced me into another lane. She looked at me in amazement and said she never saw me. A Deputy pulled up said he saw it and would handle it with a attitude like little miss priss was getting a ticket.
Close call tonight.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

D Hagens

You can't text and drive here, costs a fortune if you get caught. I got to admit that when I'm on back roads I do text but I text without looking at the keyboard. My keypad has brail on it so I can still keep my eyes on the roads.
The other law we have is you can't hold a phone while driving but boy do you see a lot of people doing it.

KellyH

Happy to read you dodged that bullet there Raider Bill. ;)
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is who you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

Kansas

We had a young woman driving down the highway in front of the mill while texting. She rolled her car right there. Luckily, she was unhurt. She did get a ticket.

woodhick

Thanks for that I will  make both of my teens watch this.
Woodmizer LT40 Super 42hp Kubota, and more heavy iron woodworking equipment than I have room for.

Thank You Sponsors!