iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ooops! did i do that?

Started by paul case, December 29, 2010, 07:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul case

lifting a big log the other day and POW!!!! ;D

$265 for a new rod. probably already have a different cylinder to put on her. we will see if it fits tomorow.  pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Dave Shepard

Wow! I've only ever seen one rod bend on a loader, and never a break. Is your pressure relief valve working?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Larry

I betcha you can find a place in Joplin that will do a re-build reasonable. 

I got some slightly bent ;D rods that might get ya going. :D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

ScottAR

Those 580's will lift until the back tires come off the ground.  Equipment parts source probably has a rod. 
New seal kit is about $20-$25 and not that hard to do.  If you want to tackle it let us know.
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

paul case

i think i saw it bend some about a year ago when we were loading some scrap metal. i have another cylinder like it off a 530 backhoe. the pin in the tube end is bigger on the 580, but i think the bushings will change to fix that.
it was a termendously loud pop when it broke.
the favorite place at joplin that did rebuilds reasonable closed up 3 weeks ago. pc
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
pc

Meadows Miller

Gday

So Thats what happens when you push something past it limits on a regular basis Paul  ;)  :o :o ??? :P  :D :D Im sure you will have it fixed and back in action  in No Time Mate  ;) ;D ;D 8) 8)

Regards Chris

4TH Generation Timbergetter

barbender

Wow Paul, glad nobody got hurt. You ought to look at adjusting your pressure relief or adding one, looks to me like your loader lifts more than it should.
Too many irons in the fire

scrout

Show us a pic of the tractor seat, ripped from the "pucker" I bet....

weisyboy

seams to me the pressure releif worked perfictly ;D :D

ya gota get the most outa everything you own. when it breaks make it stronger. or just patch it up.
god bless america god save the queen god defend new zealand and thank christ for Australia
www.weisssawmilling.com.au
http://www.youtube.com/user/weisyboy?feature=mhee
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000696669814&sk=photos

paul case

new / used one fit perfectly. hoses were even the same. those case people got sumtin right! :D
no damage to the seat, i dont scare much anymore. the fix cost exactly 1 bucket of oil.$28.  pc
pc

Bill Gaiche

I believe PC got his moneys worth out of the old one. bg

Thank You Sponsors!