iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky 576 problems

Started by madmari, December 28, 2010, 06:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madmari

Bought a 576XP in May. I was told that 372xp was discontinued due to EPA restrictions, which will in part, offset the gulf oil disaster.
  What a disappointment- the 576, at 20 lbs with B&C is a slug. I tried carb adjustments, but they put in these funky restrictors which will not allow any real adjustment. Took it to the dealer, who treated me like an idiot and let them adjust it. No effect. I'll bet it is not making 7000 rpm. I'd trade it for a Poulan Wild Thing today.
  Anyone had similar problems?
I know why dogs stick thier head out the car window.

ga jones

yes huskys having alot of problems with there new epa saws. Me and many other guys i know are switching to jonsered. I have the 2171 it is asgood  a 272.I also have a 2188 awsome saw. Ive had 272 261 394 and these jonsereds are just as good as the old huskys and the air filters stay cleaner......... As for a fix for your saw i dont know anyone that can help It. Trade it or good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

logloper

Remove the plastic limiters on the adjustment screws, and then you can adjust your H screw in. Run saw at full throttle and slowly turn screw clockwise until desired RPM. Dont go to far and blow it up. We bought a 576 in Jan and had to tune it up. We use it a lot and have no trouble.

HolmenTree

I have only heard good from other loggers about the 576s.
I have three 576 AutoTunes [no carb screws, computer controlled] and in over 35 yrs running saws for a living these are the best running saws I've ever run.
Spend the little extra coin and buy a auto tune model, then forget about the carb screws.

Willard.
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Sawz all

Being new here, it is nice to see people talk about everyday normal circumstance concerns. I like to alter saws and make em' go but the truth is most people could give a hoot about it and just run the saw the way it was meant to be. I cater to both types!

I have a guy with a 575 that wouldn't run, brought it to me, had a spark and was flooding out the muffler when he tried to start it. Thought carb, and rebuilt the carb - no help. Next I threw a new coil at it and bingo, ran the balls. About a month later he calls me and says he's having a hard time starting it once it 's hot and he shuts it off for a little while. Brought it back and I cleaned the carb, tweeked the screws again and it was working in my yard fine.     Lets see what happens next, I havent heard any trouble in the past few months!

Kevin

Some come to laugh the past away, some come to make it just one more day.."J.G"

madmari

I guess for $800 the saw should run as advertised without breaking off limiter tabs. Everyone I ask that has good 576's have AT models.
  I'm looking for Jonsered 2171's to replace the 576xp. Hard to find pre-EPA saws here locally.

barbender

What bout the 372xp, they re-introduced them as an "x-torq"? I have a Jred 2171, good saw.
Too many irons in the fire

Cut4fun

Quote from: barbender on December 30, 2010, 12:17:43 PM
What bout the 372xp, they re-introduced them as an "x-torq"? I have a Jred 2171, good saw.

They also came out with the strato Jred version 2172, same as the new 372xp XT strato. New 372 has de-comp on top cylinder cover, old tried and true ones is on right side of cyl  ;).

The demo 576xp with adjustable carb ran great at the spring gtg when they first came out. Wonder whats up with yours.

madmari

I am soured on Husky just due to treatment at the dealer. He offered me $400 trade toward a new Jonsered and I am going to buy the 2171, but not from this dealer!
   Going to keep the 576XP and use it to hold down tarps on my skidder. Remove it from the gene pool- trading it is only going to cause someone else frustration.

Spike60

You've got a reason to be upset, but be mature enough to know where to direct your anger. (In your case the dealer) It's funny how many times when a single saw has a problem, it gets projected that they must all share that same problem.

Before spending any more money, why not get that 576 to a competent shop that can make it run the way it's supposed to?
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

Rocky_J

Chainsaws aren't that complicated. Don't let your stubbornness cost you a boatload of money. If you can't get this one running right, then you'll end up in the same position when the Jonsered starts running lean from bad carb adjustments as well.

Every single saw sold new from every single dealer in the US is set too lean for optimum use. The EPA forces compliance to arbitrary standards which forces the manufacturers to set the machines at the razor edge of lean seize. Just like your toilets that don't flush enough water to properly dispose of a decent bowel movement unless you go inside and fiddle with the controls, or the shower head that won't put out enough water to rinse the shampoo out of your hair until you take it apart and remove the restrictive plate. Same with chainsaws (or any two cycle engine), the first thing you need to do to make it run correctly is set it up for proper use, not for meeting restrictive emissions laws.

If you can't do it yourself, then find somebody to properly set up the carb (or replace it if it is bad). The saw isn't bad, it's a victim of the EPA is all.

BCtimber

My 575 is a great saw.  Very important to use good fresh gas though.  I find even a month old gas will make it run a bit off.  It is the smoothest running saw I have ever had for sure. 

HolmenTree

Everyone here and their wives or girlfriends are welcome to come up to the Northern Manitoba Trappers Festival for our chainsaw competition on Sat Feb 19 2011. You'll have the opportunity to run one of our Husqvarna 576s and have a chance of winning some cash and a new Husqvarna 353.
Myself being the director and one of the sponsors I will make sure you have all the information you need.
Check out my chainsaw competition at www.trappersfestival.com The 2011 site is under construction but after entering check out the 2009-2010 events by clicking on the homepage sidebar's "2009 and 2010", then click on "come on in" then click on the sidebar "chainsaw events".

Willard
Making a living with a saw since age 16.

JHBC

Sorry to here about your saw.  Obviously a brand new XP saw should run perfectly.  If you bought it that recently, the dealer should make it right for you.  Not just the dealer but Husky USA.   I know the dealers are independant so if they aren't willing to help, spread their name, it hurts when people stop buying your product.

You kidding about a wild thing right?  Stihl makes good models in that range, 441, 460.
MS460 28"    MS660  36"    MS441 20"/24"    394XP 32"/36"    3120XP 32"/42"

ga jones

Dont forget about ethanol! It does bad things to saws here in pa......
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

komatsuvarna

I agree with spike60.
All ive herd is good about the 576. Get it to someone that can fix it.

TravisMVL

If you really dont like it grab another saw and go play target practice n drop a tree on it! I had two old 394's that always gave me problems because they were rebuilt to their 2nd and 3rd motors, 3rd and 4th carborators and who know how many other parts that probably added up to the value of two new 395's each. One eventually caught fire while running a wizard debarker on it for my sawmill, and the other upset me so bad that I gave it the bucket treatment from a JD excavator 8)

I'm suprised to hear somebody having so many problems with a husqvarna. I love my 395's but they are kinda delicate compared to stihl, I would run stihls but the air filtration and anti vib's no good.

madmari

What does not kill me will make me stronger. At 20 lbs, the 576XP will make it a viscious battle.

Old gas- burn about 6 gallons a week- it doesn't sit long.
Carb adjustment- Dealer mechanic adjusted and tuned- told me it was how I was running the saw. I must push the throttle differently than on my other saws. I must push the throttle the right way on the 372XP, cause that runs good. Admittedly, I have never been formally trained in throttle pushing. I shall take corrective action and attend the Husqvarna Polytechnic Academy of Throttle Mushing at spring breakup.
  I refuse to let the thing go. I will make it work.

komatsuvarna

Push the throttle differently. :D :D  Didnt know there was a special way to squeeze it. lol

Rocky_J

If you're running it at half throttle in the cut a lot then that can cause problems, but that's on any saw.

It's impossible to tell how skilled an operator is on the internet and everybody thinks they are excellent. My personal observations in real life are that about 20% of people who claim to be skilled sawyers actually are. Maybe the percentage is higher with people who hang out on a chainsaw forum.

swampwood4430

hey im kind of new to the site i work at a husky dealer down in middle georgia. We have sold alot of the 576 in the past but have had more problems with them coming back than any other saws so we stopped carrying them now. Im not sure if the 576 has a rev limiter on the coil but i know alot of stihl saws do and i have seen similar symtoms in the past replaced the coil and it ran great. So for what its worth it might be something to check out and definetly would be covered under the warranty of the saw.

madmari

The skill level to buck 12" white pine on a landing is pretty much level 1. Push the pretty orange button, let the saw drop, repeat. If dull, stop and sharpen. Proceed as neccesary. We're not talking about felling 30" knarly sugar maple here.
  That's the second dealer that has had complaints on this model. Granted, in this modern world we should not group one problem as a whole; but I am concerned with MY saw that I paid for. 
  I am preaching to the choir. I will take my sermon on the road to a reputable Husky dealer and see if they will stand up and sing.
Oh, that's right!  Only have a 90 day warranty of these saws!!!

Spike60

Dealers need to read their service bulletins once in a while. A good shop stays up on that stuff. A real good shop developes contacts at corporate to discuss problems they run into.

Early 576's, pre AT, had a piston skirt issue. Had two failures myself. Husky warrantied them no problem. Since then, they've been flawless. But I got to mention, I only sell the AT version. For the additional $20 it's a no brainer. IMO, they are only keeping the adjustable one around for guys who think the AT is some kind of voodoo.

I never shy away from admitting when a particular model has chronic issues, such as the 357's with the auto-deco did. But there are no reasons to worry about the 576. They go out and stay out.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

NCFarmboy

Get in touch with the Husky area rep. they should work with you to correct this problem.  Disgruntled customers are bad advertising.  Shep
Lots & Lots of Saws

boxer_1

Hi all! Before I get on topic with my reply, first things first. As this is my very first post at these forums ( just joined actually), I am compelled to say, "Very nice forums you all have here!" From what I've read there are a lot of people here with tons (okay, cords of...lol) of knowledge. The kicker is that it seems like the majority of members not only have vast knowledge, but are willing to share it and eager to help other. As a former moderator myself, the knowledge you share here helping and holding discussions is commendable! I apologize if my intro. was a little wordy  ??? .

Now, getting on topic, I bought a 576XP and about 7 mos. ago and have had no issues with it. In fact, I really like the saw's performance with the the Auto Tune (AT) is what makes me certain about liking the saw on those long days when it's weight felt as if it was multiplied by 2!

As there doesn't seem to be much detailed info. about AT that's really common knowledge, here's the facts (I believe anyway) that I have gathered about just what advantages it does add! There is an on-board sensor which constantly, well, 20 times per second, is monitoring the gas/air mix heading into the chamber and alters it based on, (hard to imagine)such factors as temperature, altitude, humidity, as well as the efficiency of the air filter and the gasoline blend. This translates into no carburetor adjustments and a saw that is running at close to optimum performance all the time!

I love the power it kicks out (of course, this is after break-in). I think the AT allows it to outwork many bigger saws that aren't adjusted as finely! A 5.7 HP saw running near perfection is, to me anyway, better than a heavier saw rated for just over 6 HP. If there are no adjustment made, temp. altitude, humidity, etc. will quickly negate the HP advantage and the bigger saw is then just the heavier saw while the, for example, 576XP AT is still screaming!

Well, just thought I'd share what I have gathered regarding the details of AutoTune, as well as my opinion of the Husqvarna I'm running that has AT. Take care all and be safe  splitwood_smiley !

-- Jeff (boxer_1)

Thank You Sponsors!