iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Nor Eastah

Started by bandmiller2, December 27, 2010, 07:04:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandmiller2

Big snowstorm blowing outside probibly 18" when its done hard to tell everything is blowing, good day to hunker down by the fire.Before I started to haul log out with a trailer used to love the snow to drag them out. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

laffs

i dont mind the snow, its the wind i dont like. 20 to 40 mph up here. il get more than the c farm. AGAIN. il wait till the storm is over then dig myself out. would like to saw some more again i need to finnish the saw shed.
Brent
timber harvester,tinberjack230,34hp kubota,job ace excavator carpenter tools up the yingyang,

bandmiller2

Your right Brent when the winds blowing it around its folly to plow the lane, the snow just blows in to the top of the bankings.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

laffs

ive been unemployed since june and i miss working. but its days like this that i would be headed to boston and i dont miss that.
Brent
timber harvester,tinberjack230,34hp kubota,job ace excavator carpenter tools up the yingyang,

r.man

I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop up here. We have enough snow for the skiers and the snowmobilers but other than clearing the end of the driveway I have let the first snows pack down. It can't last and before long it will probably be the opposite, clear the driveway every day or two. Hunkering down is always a good idea if you can. Being self employed I can generally shift jobs to other days except for emergencies. Last year I drove through more than one blizzard and at least one section of freezing rain for jobs that couldn't wait but I prefer to watch the bad weather from inside my house only going out to load the outdoor furnace. You guys on the eastern seaboard try to stay safe and better still stay home.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Dave Shepard

15 F, really windy, drifts on average 2-3 feet. One five footer against the barn door  :-\ still snowing and blowing. The yard is dug out enough to feed the cows. Will have to go out again later I'm sure.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

KellyH

Good luck and God speed to all of ya' in the storms path!  Wish I culd help but by the time I get there everything would be thawed out!  ;)
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is who you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

pappy

TurboMan,,

Ya can get started up this way cause it don't thaw out up here till the end of April...  ;D
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Dave Shepard

It's cleared off nice and blue. Just a steady gale-force wind and 15 F. :D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

pappy

Watching the radar for this area there's a "band" of snow that just doesn't want to move further NE.. It's seems like it hit a wall and is just "bouncing" .. Must be a bunch of snow on the other side of it  ???  ???  Up in these parts we call snow "White Gold"  8) I say bring it on !!!!!!!!!

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/radar.php?rid=CBW&product=NCR&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

SwampDonkey

Ain't enough snow here to snow mobile or ski unless it looks a lot different by morning.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

r.man

I wouldn't call conditions good in my immediate area for a snowmobile but you can go. Today I came by a groomed trail where the groomer had come out on the pavement and run for about a quarter mile leaving mud the whole way. It has been cold but I guess the warm mud runs deep.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Dave Shepard

If you were a snowmobiler, you'd be pretty DanG happy around here right now.

vtdiy

Getting a little tired of about a week and a half of wind here. Don't mind the snow, and single digits are expected this time of year, but for two days now the house has been sounding like an old ship heeling in the gusts. Windows creaking, the stovepipe is wailing. Kinda gets on your nerves.  The snowblower was fun on our 600 foot path through the woods with the wind backing around all points. I'd Just get that chute facing downwind when wham, back up in your face. I think I had more snow down my jacket than I got into the banks :D .

Supposed to be in the mid forties New Years, so we'll be looking forward to 2011.

tyb525

18F and cloudy, no moon or stars to be seen. Hardly any wind either!

We seem to have missed all the snow from the storm. We have had about 3" max on the ground for about a week now.

I just got in from splitting wood, been out there since 8pm. I set up two floodlights around the splitter and split all the rounds I cut earlier today 8) Not sure why but I love splitting wood at night in the winter.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

laffs

ended up with about 14" of new snow yipee !! 12 degrees this morning wind chill of 1
you feeding your snow blower steroids pappy? i  was up that way a few years ago seemed like you had 12 foot snow banks
Brent

SwampDonkey

He's only got 4" up there and like me with this wind, it's mighty dry sledding. The ground is about bear again, the wind took it to the woods.  ;D :D :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

laffs

what woods ? theres only potatoe fields up there. where do you guys grow the instant potatoes anyway? you and pappy push the snow across the river when the other isnt looking?

SwampDonkey

Across the river at the processing plant, also another place in town doing them. Yeah, anything that don't make good field is about all that is woods.  ;D

pappy

laffs,

I live over on Rt#11 where there's alot more woods than fields and we can actually see the forest for the trees  ;D..  Not much for potato farmers 'round these parts anymore..

Donk lives in an area where there's much more open area... and he's also on "this " side of the river  ;)

Donk we only got the 4" you say but it's on top of the 5 or 6 we already had.. But the snow blew it all over to your side of the " line " though   :D  Seems like it didn't stop in your area either  ::)

My dear ole Dad used to say  " da wind blew and the $hlt flew and we couldn't see for a day or two"  man o man the wind has been a blowing !!   :o

JSNH

Hard tellin' how much snow we got in Deering, NH the wind really moved it around. Plowing wasn't too bad but shoveling the walk with that wind was nasty. Spent Monday hiding in the barn next to the barrel stove working on a wooden strip canoe. I am building it out of salvaged red cedar from telephone poles just from the edges off the edger. Mostly for fun and to show the kids not all wood project are square.

SwampDonkey

I didn't know they used red cedar for poles. I know they used white cedar up here, I know one that has been planted up by the bridge to the woodlot since the 40's. Most of the others the power company cut because of liability. They still had old wires strung and one landed on dad's potato truck and ripped the mirror off. They wouldn't come good. You hit one of their dang poles and you get a nice fat bill.  :-X >:(

Thank You Sponsors!