iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Started by Mike_Barcaskey, November 28, 2003, 10:29:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike_Barcaskey

been lurking for a while and just can't stand it no more

I'm located in southwest Pennsylvania and am what I like to call a professional outdoorsman

write the outdoors columns for the local paper and for several magazines
run a tree service business during the summer
hunting and fishing guide year round
trap pretty heavy in the winter and ADC work year round
do some habitat and wildlife management
and manage to sell 20 or so cords of firewood a year

my dad and a friend have a Logosol and we play around with it
we own about 150 acres and manage it for hunting and timber

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul.

Bro. Noble

Welcome Mike,

If your interests also included eating and shooting the bull,  there's a good chance you would fit in here :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Tobacco Plug

Well, Mike, welcome to a very friendly and informative forum.  There are folks on here who can help find an answer to just about any question, whether it has to do with wood or not.  They also tell some funny jokes and stories, and will let you know they care and say a prayer for you in times of trouble.  Let me suggest that you click on the Knowledge Base up at the top of the page and check out the many different topics.  Lots of questions are answered there. :)
How's everybody doing out in cyberspace?

Fla._Deadheader

DanG, I ain't done all that in my lifetime, and YOU do it every year??? :D :D :D  Welcome. One thing we insist on is pics. ;) ;) ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Buzz-sawyer

Welcome!
Nice to see another trapper on board!
Don
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

etat

Mike, Welcome, I only joined up a few days ago and already feel all warm and fuzzy inside from bein here.  I lurked around here quite a while tryin to figger out if I could be enough of a bull
shi##er and enough of a old fart to kinda fit in.  Some of these guys here are really perfesssional at it, and I'm strivin to be jest like em.  Did a little trappin back in the mid 70's when it was profitable enough to do it around here as a hobby.  Mostly coon, possums, a  few foxes, and the ocassional skunk.  (I left the skunks in the woods), with my delicate sense of smell I could barely bring myself to spring em from the trap, much less skin em out!  I did bring one home onetime in a cage but my parents disaproved so I let em go.  Don't know why, it was frendly as could be and didn't ever spray.  I thought it would be the perfect pet and wanted to train it as a guard skunk!
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Tom

Welcome to the Forum!   Writers are welcome and abound ;D :D

Mark M

Hi Mike

Welcome to the group. Those are some dandy looking muskrats you caught there :)

Mark

dail_h

World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

oakiemac

Welcome Mike!
I'm what you might call an ameutur outdoorsman. I've never been smart enough to figure out a way to be paid for huntin' or fishin'. I sure admire the guys that do though.

Oakie
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Frank_Pender

Welcome a board, Mike.  Do not let them kid you on the pictures.  They haven't band me yet,  and I have only sent in two pictures.   I am a slow learner with puters and what goes with them. :-/  
Frank Pender

Stump Jumper

Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Duane_Moore

:) Welcome aboard, this is a real bull shippers bunch, love it, Boil up your traps, Victor.#2.use a four sided for prarie poodles,   God Bless, stick around and see what happens
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

Stephen_Wiley

Welcome aboard Mike,

But be careful,  with the combination of interests you have you may wind up having to give one of them up for the amount of time you may end up posting here.   :D :D :D
" If I were two faced, do you think I would be wearing this one?"   Abe Lincoln

Steve_M

Mike,

Welcome on board.  What mags do you write for?? Any topic in particular or do you write about everything??

Steve
2001 WM Super LT40 Electric and WM Twin Blade Edger, just a part timer custom sawing and cutting salvage logs.

Gus

Mike,.
Welcome aboard. If you been hangin' around a while no sense warning you about this bunch. You're obviously a natural glutten for punishment ;)
Seriously a good bunch of people. Hope to read more from you in the future.
Gus
"How do I know what I think unless I have seen what I say?"

ronwood

Mike,

Welcome abaord. Hope you will enjoy the forum !!

8) 8) 8)
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Mike_Barcaskey

thanks for the warm welcome guys
sorry I haven't replied sooner been out in the woods lately

Steve, write for the local papers, Beaver County Times, Allegheny Times, been in Pennsylvania Woods and Waters,
Fay-West Sportsmen, Pa stuff, hope to have something in Fur-Fish-Game soon, write about hunting fishing trapping, conservation, outdoors stuff

Mark, them's coon

Duane_Moore

Mike,, shootin or trapin them there coon,?? just interested  Duane
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

Mike_Barcaskey

duane, trapping them
mostly 160 conibears in bucket sets

Duane_Moore

8) good, just wanted to know, I use a victor, and a tin can lid, what i know?? ;D

Thank You Sponsors!