iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Watch out Indiana Jones!!

Started by fishpharmer, December 23, 2010, 08:24:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishpharmer

Nick is gonna make you obsolete.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrfX5bg5Xj8

Hope you don't mind me posting this Metalspinner.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Mooseherder

pigman

Nick is ready for college, not as a student, but as a professor of geology. 8)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Patty

Very cool. He is a very intelligent young man! Neat cabin, by the way.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

metalspinner

I have a YouTube stalker. :D :D

No I don't mind at all, Fish. :) 

Yesterday, I was digging around for the cedar shack thread here to update it, but couldn't find it.  This little building has gone under a few purpose changes these past couple of years with this being the latest.  Nick has really deep interest in the natural sciences with Geology preoccupying him at the moment.  Ever since he was very young, he only wanted to be read fact based books.  Imagine reading a two year old the Audubon's Feild Guide to Birds of the Eastern U.S. for a bedtime story :D

I'll do a bit of shameless bragging for a moment... ;D

Last year he was in the fourth grade.  Each year the students take their state required standardized testing.  The results came back this year and he earned a perfect score in the science test which was written to a ninth grade equivilency. ;) 

Many times I find myself looking at him with a blank look on my face thinking "What in the world is this kid saying to me right now???" ::) :D
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

fishpharmer

No stalking, yours is one of many Utube channels I subscribe.  I think FF gives license to shamelessly brag about younguns. 

The cabin is almost as awesome as the kid.  I'm proud to call the producer of both my friend. 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

northwoods1

Hey , did you know the character indiana jones was based on a real life character?

this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Chapman_Andrews

He was actually from S.E. , WI. He was big into fossils was one of the 1st to explore the GOBI desert in Mongolia and found fossils of dinosaurs sitting on the nests of eggs before that no one new they laid eggs.

I bet your son would really get into reading a book about that guy! there are a lot of them :) :)

Tom

I love to see kids interested in learning.  Fossils and Rocks were one of my interests too, but I never learned much from them.  I just thought they were neat looking.  When I grew up I wished that I had had the foresight to find out what they were.

The St. Johns River area of N. Florida is a good place for sharks teeth, camel and mastodon bones.  One of my sons could spot a shark tooth, in amongst a pile of shells, from twenty feet away.  I never understood how he could do it.

What is really refreshing is that I feel so much smarter from watching this.  Just rubbing shoulders with a smart fellow seems to let some of the "smart" rub off on me.  It really made me feel good to find that I have a "glass" just like the one on his table.  I guess there is hope for me yet.  :)

Norm

I think you should do a lot of shameless bragging Chris, Nick certainly deserves it. :)

Good kids are a direct product of good parents, you and your wife deserve a little shameless bragging too.

Magicman

Well, I know where Nick gets it from.  He is a chip off of the old rock block.   ;)

Anyway, if it is the truth, it is not bragging.    :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Peter Drouin

What a boy!!!!!!! mom and dad good job. keep him going :P :P :P :) :) :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

WDH

Chris,

What a fine young man!  He will have a positive impact on many people over his life.  I am proud for you!
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!