iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I couldn't beleive it

Started by northwoods1, December 23, 2010, 07:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

northwoods1

Got home last night just as it was getting dark, spent all day plowing and moving snow :'( >:( from the previous days storm, which gave us 12" more. So I am just getting the woodstove going and undressing cold wet and hungry wondering what is for supper, knowing that there is nothing as I am the head cook and bottle washer for myself these days :D and at that moment my neighbor drives in the yard and gives me this turkey that he had just taken out of the smoker, it was still hot yet :)
I mean... you just can not beat that! 8)

Reddog

Tom

A true neighbor!

That looks mighty good.

If you need anything with that, all it would have to be would be some buttered bread.  :)

sawguy21

That neighbor is a keeper.  8) Warm up some vegetables, a slab of bread and you are good to go.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Paschale

Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

SwampDonkey

You have an awesome neighbor. Is he trying to introduce his daughter with this banquet? ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Norm

Sweet!

The only thing I get from my neighbor is stray cats. :D

fishpharmer

Quote from: Norm on December 24, 2010, 09:06:32 AM
Sweet!

The only thing I get from my neighbor is stray cats. :D

What do they taste like? :D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Norm

fishpharmer

:D :D :D :D

My apologies northwoods1, you got some fine neighbors.  Was it tasty as it looks?
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

WDH

That ain't chicken in your chicken chow mein  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Burlkraft

Hey Northwoods,

You got a great neighbor there. Both of my neighbors moved out.
Huh.....maybe it was us that made them move  ::) ::) ::)
I see yer gonna be alone, Jill and I hope you have a Merry and a Happy Holiday season.  8)  8)

We should get together one a these days and have some lunch or sumpthin'

Me and Beenthere have lunch every Friday. Maybe one a these days we can get together ;) ;) ;)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Magicman

Things just have a way of making the full circle.  You must have been doing your part even when you didn't realize it.

As is said; "Don't let the chain of love end with you".  Merry Christmas.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Paschale

Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

SwampDonkey

Steve just wants one of them turkey breast halves is all. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Burlkraft

Quote from: SwampDonkey on December 24, 2010, 05:51:05 PM

You got me Donk...I love turkey! :D :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

northwoods1

Quote from: Burlkraft on December 25, 2010, 08:59:36 AM
Quote from: SwampDonkey on December 24, 2010, 05:51:05 PM

You got me Donk...I love turkey! :D :D

:D Your more than welcome to stop by some time burlcraft. Yes my neighbor is a good guy. That smoked turkey was go good, I got three big meals out of it and I am still going to make some soup out of what is left :)  This past summer he came over and wanted to know if he could cut some trees that were hanging out over his garden but were standing on my property. He showed me the trees and I said sure anything you want cut just go ahead. But then I got to thinking well I am could really make short work of that so I just went home and got what I needed and cut the trees in question down, cut them up in to firewood, piled the brush and lopped it down, and then pruned up all the trees along the line with a pruner pole. It all took about maybe 15 minutes. About a week later he comes over with this big long package wrapped in tinfoil and what was it ??? half a smoked salmon right fresh out of the smoker! I said jeeezz Lynn, that is mighty kind of you! Didn't seem like a fair trade to me 1/2 a smoked salmon for 15 minutes of just cutting a little wood...  he definitely knew how much I appreciated it 8)

Thank You Sponsors!