iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Leaves

Started by Magicman, December 22, 2010, 01:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Some folks have snow, but here it is "brown snow".  Leaves.  Sure, everyone that has trees have to deal with leaves.  Ours are about half down and half hanging on.  "She" says that they will all be up before Christmas and somehow I believe her.   :)

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

breederman

"She" had better get busy. ;D
Together we got this !

scgargoyle

I believe in 'divine' landscaping. God put 'em there; who am I to mess up His master plan?  :D :D :D

Of course, da wife doesn't quite share my theological viewpoint, at least when it comes to leaves.
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Magicman

Well, they are up.  For now anyway.   :D

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Larry

While conducting a walleye control operation on the local lake yesterday I saw the strangest thing.  At first I thought it was some nut mowing grass but when I got closer I could make out the contraption.  It was a riding lawnmower pulling a big trailer.  The trailer had what I would call a gasoline motor powered dust collector.  The dust collector was sucking up all the leaves and blowing them into this trailer affair.

Some folks have too much time on there hands...the guy sucking up leaves. ;D

I bet MM just snapped his fingers to make them leaves disappear.

Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Magicman

And then I had to hurry with the picture before more fell.  Oops, I see that one did already.   ;D

I didn't take a picture, but there are some daffodils already sending up leaves.   :)

SwampDonkey

My white oak holds it's leaves all winter. The neighbors thought it was dead until I explained it has done it for 25 years now. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

I read the title and figured you were going somewhere.  :D :D

I had a friend who liked apartment living.   His wife and daughters wanted a house and he told them they could have one but they had to take care of the yard, not him.

They said yes and bought the house.

One day, the wife came in and said, "R****, you just have to come help us rake up these leaves and carry the bags to the street.  These bags are too heavy."

He said, "I was watching a basketball game so I took out my wallet, gave her a five dollar bill and told her to buy some smaller bags."

I always admired him for his bravery stupidity uh... brilliance.

SwampDonkey

:D :D :D :D R0LFLMA0!!!

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Magicman

That Cherrybark Oak in the picture will keep it's leaves on the lower two limbs until Spring.  All of the leaves in the top will fall.

Burlkraft

I just can't help myself now!

Every time I see a post by Magicman, I expect to see pictures of you hollerin' at them DanG woodchucks  :D :D :D
Thanks Jeff  ::) ::)
Why not just 1 pain free day?

SwampDonkey

Poor little woodchucks.  :D :D

Magicman

And, thanks to Jeff,  every time I see that DanG commercial, I'm wondering where his Forestry Forum Hat is.  Now if I could just figure out how to get a Forestry Forum Jacket on him, he could really chuck wood.   :)

KellyH

:D :D So I'm not the only one who thought, "Hey I've seen that guy some where" when the woodchuck comercial comes on TV.  Incase you were to find this observation offensive Magicman I didn't have the courage to mention it before now.  ;D 
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is who you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

sandhills

I hate to admit it, but I officially love a commercial now. Thanks Jeff ;).

WildDog

MM coming from down under where our native trees keep their leaves I like the idea of trees that drop them, our home farm is surrounded by Eucalyptus but we've been planting London Planes and Claret Ashes around the house,......Christmas day my father inlaw and I were lying in the shade of one planted 4yrs ago watching the kids playing, I said, " I'm glad I planted these when I did" he said, "Yeah, say that in ten years when the lawn's covered in leaves"
If you start feeling "Blue" ...breath    JD 5510 86hp 4WD loader Lucas 827, Pair of Husky's 372xp, 261 & Stihl 029

Thank You Sponsors!