iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Christmas Play

Started by Bro. Noble, December 20, 2010, 12:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bro. Noble

Well, my grandson was the cutest and best player/singer in their church Christmas play-----he was the sheep with curly horns.  That's not what made me get tears in my eyes and come home feeling so good though.

My grandson, Kyle, has always loved going to Sunday School.  He goes to a different church than my wife and I do so I always ask him all about his Sunday activities.  There are only three or four kids his age (3 1/2i) n SS so I became acquainted with all of them from Kyle's narratives.  His favorite seems to be Emma.  Then for a few weeks when I asked him about SS, his reply was "Emma wasn't there" and he didn't want to talk anymore about it.  I asked my son ,Tom, what the deal was with Emma and learned that she was in bad shape with lukemia.  Yesterday when the little angel appeared in the play wearning a scarf over her head and a mask over her nose and mouth,  I knew that had to be Emma.  She is on her way to recovery :)

I can't think of the name of the black actor that does the St. JUdes commercials,  but Emma is the little girl setting next to him.

I remembered it's Morgan Freeman.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Paul_H

Noble,

I hope to see you post pics but I can picture the play somehow  :)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

sandhills

The thoughtfullness and understanding of young children never ceases to amaze me.  I don't think we as adults give near enough credit to just how deeply bad situations effect them.  I'm glad to hear Emma was able to participate in the play and is on the road to recovery, and I'm sure that it also made it a lot more special for Kyle.

beenthere

Thanks for the note Bro Noble.

It does bring tears, and a warm feeling hearing about very young people caring for others.

Those Christmas programs are great to watch. Ours was, as well, this year too.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Norm

Thanks for sharing that Noble.  :)

Patty

Pretty cool there Noble. Your grandson is a special little boy.

Chip off the old block, eh?  :)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Roxie

What a great story Bro. Noble.   :)  I can just picture that sheep and angel, and it must have been a wondrous sight. 

Say when

Warbird

You and yours are great people, Noble.  God bless you and merry Christmas.

Thank You Sponsors!