Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

fishpharmer

Glad I'm not the only one. ;)

Looking good riverswamp sawyer. 8)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

riverswamp sawyer

PLEASE READ THE FORESTRY FORUM RULES. OFFSITE PHOTOS ARE NOT ALLOWED

riverswamp sawyer

Thank you Busy Beaver and Fishpharmer......
Now that I have the pic. loading thing down I will take more photos to post in a day or two.

customdave

Hey Riverswamp nice pics, Thanks & play safe...

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

5quarter

Excellent setup...would like to see a pic of your log deck. Ditto on the scenery. When we were visiting my sister a few years ago in Mableton GA, the first thing I noticed was that they cut only enough trees out of the woods to put in roads and houses and that was it.

Chet
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

r.man

Nice setup River but where is your snow?
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Meadows Miller

Gday

River thats a nice looking setup you have there Mate  ;) 8) 8)

Quote from: 5quarter on December 19, 2010, 10:39:18 PM
Ditto on the scenery. When we were visiting my sister a few years ago in Mableton GA, the first thing I noticed was that they cut only enough trees out of the woods to put in roads and houses and that was it.

Chet

It sounds like they got it rite that sounds like My sorta area  ;) :D ;D ;D 8) 8)

Regards Chris
4TH Generation Timbergetter

riverswamp sawyer

riverswamp sawyer

riverswamp sawyer

5quarter.... I am just getting this pic thing figured out...Log deck is 2 steel beams....will try to get pics tonight.

r.man.....NO snow here !!! (don't know if I could stand it!!

Meadows miller....Thanks for the compliment....There really is some pretty country here to see (if ya don't mind traveling on dirt roads)

Meadows Miller

Gday

River I dont mind dirt roads myself i can usually sit on about 45 to 60 mph on most of the ones down here whether that be in a ute or a truck if theres heavy corrigations and pot holes if they have not been graded in a while  you have to back off a little you do have to watch yourself though if there might be someone coming the other doing the same thing moreso when your driving trucks Mate  :o ;) :D :D :D ;D ;D 8)

Regards Chris

customsawyer

Looking pretty good for a red neck sawmill. :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

5quarter

Riverswamp sawyer,

I thought so!  I was going to do the same thing but it didn't work out. I was on a house demo and was getting 2 15' I beams that I had planned to use for the log deck, but the excavator managed to twist one up pretty good so I just had the one...what a shame! I went with my second choice instead...3 17' power line poles. I'm going to be putting up some cover over the mill this spring not unlike what you have. What are the dimensions? Size of rafters? Purlins? Thanks.

Chet
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

weisyboy

lookin good mate.

cris - dont have to worrie about the people coming the other way when your in a truck, thats there problem.
god bless america god save the queen god defend new zealand and thank christ for Australia
www.weisssawmilling.com.au
http://www.youtube.com/user/weisyboy?feature=mhee
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000696669814&sk=photos

Meadows Miller

Carl I should have said when your both in trucks some tracks just aint wide enough Mate  ;) :D :D :D

WDH

RiverSwamp,

Looking very fine!  Holler if you get over my way.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

customsawyer

Don't offer that unless you mean it Danny. I did and he showed up before I was ready.  :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

riverswamp sawyer

Nothin like gettin started at the crack of dawn.........eh Jake?? ;D 8)

customsawyer

Well if you can get the wife to not run over water lines the day before with the tractor then you can get the mill running sooner.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

WDH

I hate it when that happens  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

That is a very neat and well thought out operation.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!