iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

E-classic 2300 Idle Pulse Timeout/Length

Started by nyvaohnc, December 19, 2010, 12:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nyvaohnc

When I first installed my CB 2300, it had a factory setting for the idle pulse timeout and length of 59 mins for 5 seconds.  I have since changed the timeout and length  to 10 mins for 50 seconds.  It's been running well with these settings, but does anyone have different settings that may be more efficient?   I know I am using more electricity and probably more fuel to keep the coals 'alive'.  Thoughts?

doctorb

I would have to ask beenthere, as he knows a lot about fuel, but the purpose of the pulse is, as you stated, to keep the coals alive.  I think the ability to rejuvenate the coal bed depends on many factoirs, including the moisture content of your wood.  The wetter the wood, the better the stove will run with more frequent and longer pulses, IMHO.  doctorb
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

nyvaohnc

Doc, thanks for the quick reply and I agree.  I threw this out there to see if others were getting longer idle pulse timeouts and shorter lengths with minimal loss of efficiency.  No doubt, everything you identified will have an impact on the timeout and length.

thecfarm

nyvaohnc,sounds like it's working for you.If it ain't broke ,why fix it.Can't imagine the electricity cost is that much more or the wood usage either.You must of changed it for a reason to make it run better.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Dean186

I have my E-classic 1400 set at 60 seconds every 20 minutes.

Like Doctorb stated, this will vary for type of wood, condition of wood and outside temperature.  So far, this setting works for milder temperatures in earlier fall or when it's very cold out and the furnace is cycling more often.  I have yet to relight a fire this year with this setting.

I was talking to my dealer the other day and he said these numbers were similar to what he sets on new installations.

upsnake

How do you changed / see what your settings are?

I was trying to figure it out the other day but didn't see anything in the owners manual covering that. Haha (could have just missed it though).

Thanks
Jay

Dean186

Quote from: upsnake on January 10, 2011, 04:35:08 PM
How do you changed / see what your settings are?

It's in the menu of the Firestar Controller.

Menu Variable 2:  Idle "Pulse" Timeout

Menu Variable 3:  Idle "Pulse" Length

upsnake

Dean,

Thanks so much. I have looked through the instruction manual but didn't really see too much on the actual menu items of the firestar controller, but i may have just missed that section.

Right now it is burning great, but when trying to get it started up i think i could have benefited form adjusting the settings.

Do you know if there is a temperature calibration setting in the controller?

Dean186

Quote from: upsnake on January 11, 2011, 11:59:03 AM
Dean,

Thanks so much. I have looked through the instruction manual but didn't really see too much on the actual menu items of the firestar controller, but i may have just missed that section.

Right now it is burning great, but when trying to get it started up i think i could have benefited form adjusting the settings.

Do you know if there is a temperature calibration setting in the controller?

Your welcome.  The digital thermometer in my 1400 Fire Star controller can not be calibrated.

Thank You Sponsors!