iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

recommended reading on the subject of kilns?

Started by Just Me, December 18, 2010, 08:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just Me

I am interested in reading books on drying, both solar and fueled so if anyone has suggestions I would appreciate it. Will probably build a solar to get going on the south side of my shop as I can use excess heat when not in use to warm my shop, but want to learn about all aspects of kiln drying.

Thanks, Larry

Larry

Dry Kiln Operator's Manual and Drying Hardwood Lumber.  One or both are out of print but can be found at Amazon.com used books, or a CD off eBay.  The Drying Hardwood Lumber has a short section on solar kilns.  Think I saw a link to an online pdf but can't remember where.

As a supplement Understanding Wood is quite enlightening.  I use my book all the time...it's the first edition and I'm not familiar with the current edition.  Expensive but worth it.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Den Socling

Just Me

Thanks. I have Understanding Wood but have not looked at it in a few years. I'll dig it out and read it again from the perspective of drying my own.

The others I will sic my wife on......

Thank You Sponsors!