iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Reaper Report

Started by Kevin, November 26, 2003, 05:23:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Picked up a wire cable grip that hadn't been used in a while and it had stiffened up with rust.
Added a few minute dabs of the Reaper and the rust just kept oozing out from the pivot points.
Very impressive!

Jeff

I have used it on a couple three things now and it really works well. Hopefully some of you guys that have recieved some will give us an idea how its working for you.

www.rustreaper.com
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Mark M

I used some on the rusty nuts on my toilet (the ones that hold it to the floor). I was able to get one off without any trouble but the head end of the bolt on the other one was rounded off so the bolt just turned.

Jeff

Funny you should mention that. I have been working quite hard at getting rust reaper up in the search engines.

Try these Google searches.

penetrating oil for toilet mechanisms  ;D

And...

penetrating oil for tractors

penetrating oil for engines

penetrating oil for trucks

wintergreen penetrating oil

I'm pretty danG tickled with those results.

Mark M

Glad you mentioned toilet mechnisms Jeff. The ladies room on the second floor has a sticky valve that doesn't want to shut off. I think I'll try some Reaper there then I won't have to switch the signs on the door since I only have daughters living on the second floor and they don't like using the men's room.

Jeff

Let us know the results. If Mike could just get all the people with indoor toilets to use Rust Reaper he should do O.K. :)

Mark M

Hope he sells it outside da UP ;)

Kevin

If he hopes to sell it to those with indoor toilets he'll have to.  :D

Viking

hmm this stuff looks like it could be of some use to me, i started taking apart a 1969 318 "dodge" and some of those bolts were rusted on so much i had to grind them, i think to finish off the job ill pick some up :) i only have two more bolts to take off then i can remove the crank.

etat

Y'all have indoor toilets?  What will they think of next?
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Mark M

I used some Rust Reaper to loosen up some air bleeder valves on the radiators in da thurdy-room house. I was afraid they would break off so I made several application over a 2 day period then took my Vise-Grips and just unscrewed the vents. I'm going to order a spray-bottle and some more so I can attack the heat control valves.

Mark

Mike_P.

Kevin, Jeff, Mark

I am glad that you guys are having good results with Rust Reaper.  We have been getting positive feedback from other folks as well.  These have been applicatons ranging from vehicle maintenance to lubricating deer hunting rifles.

The indoor toilet thing really wasn't a target market for us, we sort of stumbled across that application.

Jeff has a good point.  If we could corner the toilet mechanism market, it would be a lot of business.  Perhaps, if we had the right slogan for that market???  Something to think about.

Thanks, again.  

L. Wakefield

OK- it's better than CRC5-56 and WD-40??  lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Jeff

In my opinion, yep, lots better.

Kevin

Better than WD(which evaporates) in my opinion, I'm not familiar with the other.
It turns the rust to liquid FAST .
It appears to eat the rust because the colour is dark brown and it just keeps oozing out.
I used it on the hose nozzle before storing it for the winter and its working like new again.

SasquatchMan

WD40 is really just for getting rid of water, isn't it?  Hardly a lube.
Senior Member?  That's funny.

Kevin

pappy

Couple of applications

Rusty bolts on my boat trailer lights, took a few days and a few drops but came off easy.  8)

Started using on the set screws of the side heads on the molder--seems to keep the pitch from building up.  8)
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

Captain

I've got a sawmill application...

My Peterson high side track supports are galvanized pipe that slides in an aluminum support.  After 2 months in the weather, I could not seperate them the other day.  Several drops of Rust Reaper and about 1 hour later, they freed and were able to seperate.

Thanks Mike P!!

Mike_P.

You are welcome!    :)

Mike

Thank You Sponsors!