iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

best bush food ?

Started by Viking, November 26, 2003, 03:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viking

what do you guys liek to take with you when your gonna be out in the woods for a few days ?

Paul_H

If I'm wandering around hunting or cruising in the bush all day,I pack a can or two of sardines,or smoked oysters,and beef jerky in my pockets.Peanuts and raisins go well too.

Always seem to be hungry out there.

If you mean a weeks trip,Bacon and eggs are on the top of the list.Flour,salt and pepper are a good start on a Grouse stew.

It's near supper time here,and I'm getting hungry.

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Viking

yeah beef jerky is the best on one day'ers heh :) and bacon and eggs are also at the top of my list, they are quick to make which is a plus too :)

isawlogs

My 22, matchs and a roll of duke tape....
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Paul_H

What type of wine goes well with duct tape?
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Viking

Quote  My 22, matchs and a roll of duke tape....

chicken and rabbit heh :)

Mark M

Dat would have to be a smoked sucker and a six pack 8)

Tom

A 22, a fish hook, some string, salt and a bag of grits.

etat

I like sardines, crackers, the occasional slice of cheese and onion, maybe a little hot sause, and the occasional bud.  Really don't care much for bush.
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

chet

Da Wife. She's a lot better cook than me, plus I enjoy da company.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Mark M

I agree CK, bush ain't much good. You have to cook it just like Loons or Mergansers for it to be any good.

Duane_Moore

8)fresh side pork, eggs, pancake flour,  peanut butter, and lot's of candy bars, then more candy bars, soda pop???? or Jim Beam?
village Idiot---   the cat fixers----  I am not a complete Idiot. some parts missing.

Norm

Some homemade soup warmed back up over a cookstove, if just out for the day a peanut butter sandwich and a hersheys bar.

Keltic

One of my favorite open fire foods are hot Italian sausages, good rolls and coooooooold beer, always a hit when we are making maple syrup in  the spring. Cheers FMK

Ed_K

I like vienna sausages, trailmix and don't carry apples & oranges, cause you may turn around and find a bear is hungry too  :D. Last yrs venison in chille is good after the days hunt, but not good for next day's walk far from camp  ;D.
Ed
Ed K

rebocardo

Water, iced black coffee, iced red zinger tea, beef jerky, dried fruit (apples etc.), chex mix or cereal (not sugar cereal), pecan rolls,. butter rolls/buns. Stuff that will last in hot weather or cold without being gross that will not weigh you down on the stomach.

junkyard

Used to be Old Granddad. Nothing like good visit with Old Granddad at night in front of the fire.
Still on the wagon Junkyard
If it's free, It's for me. If for pay, leave it lay.

SasquatchMan

I would not take a can of sardines into the woods, even unopened.  My God, it would draw bears from Alaska!  That's like smearing salmon under your arms or something...  But that's just 'round here.

I tend to stick with nuts, raisins, a bit of jerky, and after being stuck 50 miles from anywhere with not enough stuff (because of some fancy driving by a friend), I found that one of the nicest things a guy can have with him is canned peaches... they fill you up, quench thirst.  Mind you we had some oranges with us that were a wee bit past their prime and I still have not had better tasting fruit than them...
Senior Member?  That's funny.

Swede

First of all I want temp. over 0*C.

Remember when I was a teenager, the horse and "Domänsaxen".  :) We always had bred&butter, some with fryed egg and some with fryed pork.  And coffe!
I´m glad we had got a freezer at that time. I dont know how it come my father is still alive after all kg:s SALTED PORK he has consumed.
Before -61 we had pigs and slaughted at the farm some weeks before christmas. It took some days to take care of it. My mother made sausage "Småländska isterband" and brawn. Realy used all the pig. ;D We had a big tub of wood and placed the pork in it together with a lot of salt. Can You imagine how  this pork tasted after some months? The last layer on the bottom.......And we had this salted pork for brekfast, on the bread and mostly for dinner too. Fryed pork, boiled pork. Every day some salted pork.
Do You still wonder how I became like this? :D :D :D :D :D

Swede.

Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

woodchip

A loaf of bread,ring of red and onion. 8)

Percy

A loaf of homade bread, a ring of Stawnichi's Kubasa(umm..only available in Mondair  Alberta and Edmonton Alberta) A big bottle of water and a Coffee Crisp ;D ;D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Tom

3 cans of sardines in olive oil, a pack of saltines and a big 7-up. ;D

woodmills1

Bush food???? being primary night up here I thought you wasa makin a presidential joke. :D :D :D
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Stan

Bananas, oranges and sweet taters. Gotta get the most nutrition per pound when you are carryin' food.  :)
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

RMay

vienna sausage & beanie wieners ;D
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Kevin_H.

;D Cell Phone and Pizza Hut menu... ;D :D
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

Thank You Sponsors!