iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Questions about add on WM log loader

Started by Plowboy, December 14, 2010, 08:31:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plowboy

WM came out with a add on hyd log loader that you could bolt onto a manual mill.  If I remember right, it wouldn't fit onto the '91 and older mills.  Can someone please tell me why?  And will it fit onto a LT30?  I would love to add this to my mill, the previous owner converted the mill to hyd.  I want to up grade the hyd pump and valvles and add the log loader, this kit would kill two birds with one stone.  Thanks

Magicman

I would just call WM.  They will give you the straight up answer and explain why.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pineywoods

Plowboy, woodmizer made some fairly extensive changes to the frame, but I think the magic year is 1997. I looked at adding a loader when I put hydraulics on my 95 LT40. For about the same money, you can put a loader with forks on a tractor, load logs onto the mill plus do lots of other useful things.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Ohio_Bill

I did add a loader kit to the 2001 I had and the book said the kit would work on 1992 and newer. I think it was because of the charging system .The kit was EZ to install.
Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

Thank You Sponsors!