iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

ERC Fence

Started by Bill Gaiche, December 13, 2010, 01:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gaiche

I finally got that fence done to hid my stuff from one neighbor on the west side. Want to thank Cedarman for the suggestion on the ERC.

fishpharmer

Yessir, ERC makes for a nice fence.  What are the dimensions of your fence boards?
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Cedarman

You are welcome, Bill.  Are you going to coat the fence or just let it weather to grey?
What do your neighbors think of your fence?   

It looks very nice. 8) 8)
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Magicman

Good job Bill.  You will enjoy that many years.   :)

We put up a "neighbor" ERC fence that we refer to as our "snob fence".   :D :D

Note:  I just looked at the other picture.  How long is that fence?

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

paul case

looks good bill. looks like youall are about as dry as we are up here. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

WDH

Fences make good neighbors....Nicely done.  Now, you are a good neighbor  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bill Gaiche

Thanks guys, boards were cut at 3/4" which made them close to 11/16" x 6" x 6' tall. Fence is about 170' long. Neighbor on other side of fence has moved out and has a mess around there place. But of course I may have a mess to neighbor behind me. I try and keep my junk as orderly as possible.
Plan on putting some kind of treatment on ERC soon. Thought about something like Thompsons deck treatment. Not sure at this time what is best at a reasonable cost. I will post another photo as soon as i can get it loaded. MM I downloaded that resizer you had mentioned using and it helped. PC yes its getting dry, hope we get some kind of moisture soon. bg

kderby

Wow!  Bill, that will be the talk of the town!  What size cedar logs were you milling?  Were they green or dry?  That color is superb.  Sawyers with Sawmills can make good fences and good neighbors....that is credit, where credit is due!

Kderby

Bill Gaiche

Kderby thanks, logs were up to 28". Its hard to get good lumber out of cedar where I was cutting. Some did good. Largest tree was about 60 yrs old. Logs were green and put lumber up as I sawed it. bg

Thank You Sponsors!