iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

axmen

Started by sawman, December 12, 2010, 02:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawman

Looks like new 2010 axmen starts tonight on History channel.
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

timberfaller390

I think we are down to a prescious few on the forum (me being one of them) who still watches the show. I thought the young guy from S&S made a good decision by staying in FL. and getting away from his dad. I was sure disapointed when The dad showed up on the river un anounced at the end of tonights epsiode. The Alaska bunch looks like they may be fun to watch.
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

fishpharmer

Axemen is entertaining, I watched the new episode.   TF, I am with you about the son staying in FL, good move.  The dad is irritating.   Watching the Pacific NW guys log is unlike anything seen around here, interesting.  Now ole Shelby, down in LA is my favorite entertainer, he's a character.  I sure hope he has found the legendary giant cypress.  The FL guys should send the the old potty mouth man to Shelby, he may need some gator bait ;) :D.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Woodhauler

I thought the save the general made when the dump truck was going over was a instant classic!  ;D
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

fishpharmer

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Roxie

We're still watching and enjoying the show.  Shelby is my favorite too. 
Say when

bugdust

Yea, Shelby is my kinda guy. Anybody that drives his forklift to town and shoots a squirrel on the way can't be all bad.
Since I retired I really like work: It fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours.

Mooseherder

Shelby was my favorite last season but shooting guns thru the front door on a quick draw and shooting down unto the road from the forklift are a little over the top acting like yosammitysam.
He needs to tone it down some. :D
I've had my fill of the screaming dumbo aqua man.
Wish he had stayed away for a while, a long while.
Pond Bear is hilarious.  What a character. ;)

Raider Bill

Did he shoot the squirrel or find it dead as road kill? I thought it was already dead which was why he smelled it. Shooting a squirrel while driving with a cannon is just about impossible IMO.
He does need some firearm safety training.
Jr's dad needs to go home.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

gunman63

I thought he said it was road kill

Mooseherder

Then he pulled the dead squirrel out of the front of his pants to give it to his friend.
The friend said mmmmm.....mmmm,
fried squirrel with gravy! (or sump thin like that) :D

paul case

some of shelby's accent makes me feel blonde. he says it and about 2 minutes later i get it. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Busy Beaver Lumber

One thing that strikes me every time I watch Axemen is how reckless they are with respect to safety. I know this is inherantly a dangerous profession, but these guys make it more dangerous than it needs to be. I can not believe OSHA is not all over these worksites. Guess nobody from OSHA watches reality TV. Would not want to be any of their insurance agents
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

ely

i am sheltered i guess, i watched the show tonite for the first time and am not impressed. some of the stuff they put on tv really bothers me, but i would love to spend a week up there felling those big trees.... just not with those morons.

snowstorm

after the first year of axman jm browning wrote a letter to timberharvesting mag. saying how sorry he was for potraying the timber industry in such a way. next year hes right back at it

Peter Drouin

And they run saws with no chaps on . and cut all the trees on top of each other.?? :) :) :)
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Doc Hickory

Am I the only one who thinks Mr. Bucketmouth Rygard needs somebody to give him a good crop of knuckle knots on his noggin?  He and I wouldn't get along for more than about 1 minute.  Last year the way he ragged his greenhorns was just plain bugnutty. Sure, they did some dumb stunts, but they need teachin', not yellin' at and insults. When he showed up at the one guys front door to tear him a new one for not showing up for work, he might find himself looking down the bore of a hog leg.  Yah, he's the boss, and he can sho' nuff fire me if he wants, but what he CAN'T do is show up on my front porch and proceed to gift me with more of his chin music.
Safety? I haven't seen any of that on these logging shows. It's a wonder all of 'em haven't taken a ride down to the show room.  I do enjoy Swamp Loggers though...anybody who can fight their way through those conditions to make a living has earned my respect. I like how Bobby does some things to show his crew his appreciation for their efforts. Sometimes it takes more than just a paycheck to keep people happy and he knows that.
Feed a fire, starve a termite...

Gilman

Shelby, the FL crazy man is why I can't stop watching.  His Pettibone that he drives around has a soft spot in my heart.

:-[

WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

fishpharmer

Gilman, hey there, you know Shelby was looking for some good help.  You could take that Pettibone down to Louisiana and it might be a match made in heaven. ;) :D

Gilman

I was thinking of driving mine up to the market and see if I could get someone to work for me.  It's a bit cold to be running around bare foot though.  I can talk mumbleze, just ask my wife.   ;D

Did you see in the preview for next week that he mounted pontoon type tires on his?
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

northwoods1

Quote from: Doc Hickory on December 17, 2010, 01:32:56 AM
Am I the only one who thinks Mr. Bucketmouth Rygard needs somebody to give him a good crop of knuckle knots on his noggin?  He and I wouldn't get along for more than about 1 minute. 

I ain't never seen this show but your comment sure cracks me up :D

Peter Drouin

Sheilby is great, he can shoot all most as good as I can. :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

captain_crunch

One thought on the chaps is I have the inserts that snap inside pants lot less to catch on brush. Kinda bet they are wearing them.
Strange but most of my logging friends hate the show but never miss it ::) ::)
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

timberfaller390

I do have a few gripes about the show but it's not enough to make me not watch the show and pre order the current season on DVD. I know that there is alot of drama for the cameras but we still have a few logging shows on mainstream TV
L.M. Reese Co. Land Management Contractors
Stihl MS390
John Deere 50G excavator
John Deere 5103
John Deere 440 ICD dozer

woodman44

I watched the first 3 seasons in a few weeks on netflix.  What season are they in now I wonder when netflix will update?

Thank You Sponsors!