iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

under armour cold weather gear

Started by CX3, December 14, 2010, 08:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CX3

Well with the mornings being in the teens and wind chills around 5 degrees I continuously came home whining about the cold.  The wife got tired of the complaining so she asked if I was a logger or a school girl.  I didnt think that was too funny so I said school girl.  Well the next day she gave me one of my birthday presents early. It was a under armour cold weather base layer shirt.  I wore it today and loved it.  It really did keep me warmer and the saw dust wont stick to it like it does to long johns.  I really really like it.  They are expensive though, but worth every penny to me. 

I know some of you work in negative temps and think I am a siss.  Youre right.   :D
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

breederman

I am a siss too. :D I also wear one of those under armour shirts when it is real cold. My problem is I am in the car for 20 minutes then in and out of barns for 20 minutes then back in the car again all day long. A guy could freeze when it is below zero with the wind blowing.
Together we got this !

Warren

I bought my first set of UA cold weather base layer this year before going to Colorado elk hunting.  Spent the first two days of elk hunt sitting under a pine tree, low to mid twenties, snow on the ground.   With the UA base layer, Carhartt bibs and jacket, never got cold.   I loved 'em. 

Wife got me another set for Christmas !    8)     She had some kinda aversion to me wearing the same set of long johns for 10 days straight while hunting...   Dont understand that...
LT40SHD42, Case 1845C,  Baker Edger ...  And still not near enough time in the day ...

WDH

Maybe we will get to see another pic of skivvys  ;D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Dale Hatfield

I wear the starter brand from wally world much cheaper an work as good or better .
I wear their tshirts all year round now I feel like im goning to wilt in a cotton shirt .

The only downfall to wearing plastic is ya need to stay away from the welder /grinder/spark maker.
Game Of Logging trainer,  College instructor of logging/Tree Care
Chainsaw Carver

Texas Ranger

Danny, does that piece of cheese cake with a candle in it at the top right hands side of your post mean this is your 57th Birthday?  If so, Congrats, young man.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Woodwalker

From skivveys to cheesecake :D
Happy birthday Danny.
I started to buy a set of the UA, but sticker shock caused the pocketbook to close up.
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

northwoods1

Couple years ago I got some silk underwear , tops and bottoms. Let me tell you boy a guy can get used to wearing those very easily :)  over the silk goes wool. I am always looking on ebay for used Filson clothing, I have gotten some very nice pairs of wool pants that are normally $175 for just the price of a regular pair of denim jeans. When I am working in the woods I wear filson tin cloth coveralls so that the pants aren't destroyed. Cotton clothing and denim jeans are pretty much worthless even in warm weather.

WDH

With my impending age, it looks like I will need some silk underwear to keep these old bones warm  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

northwoods1

Quote from: WDH on December 30, 2010, 07:43:17 AM
With my impending age, it looks like I will need some silk underwear to keep these old bones warm  :).

I get mine from a placed called wintersilks they are not that expensive really. They are delicate though and won't take much abuse. I even got a set of silk sheets  :D there is nothing like sleeping on those let me tell you. Might sound like a little to much luxury but what is a good nights sleep worth?

sealark37

I have always worn cotton T's under my shirt in cold weather.  My daughter gave me the UA base T two years ago.  Despite the price, (25-30 dollars), I have purchased several more since then.  Wearing Carhartt outer layers, I have not been chilled since then.  I have given up sleeping on the ground in a bag, but if I had to, I would not even try without my UA.  One of those cases where you get what you pay for.  Cotton T's do make pretty good bore cleaning patches.  Regards, Clark :)

beenthere

Wear silk under wool for the best cold sweat control in the winter. (Have ever since she found some lying around in the house.  ;D  )

Latest picked up from Cabela's. Wintersilks is lighter weight and now they have T's. Cabela's is heavier.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

lumberjack48

I wore thermal top and bottoms, with wool pants and shirt , never had a problem at 50-, carhartts are to bulky and heavy. When working on equipment I'd slip the Carhartts on.     
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

SwampDonkey

Wool Stanfield's followed by cotton shirt and pants and a carhart insulated coat like Jeff's for sale,  wool socks, wool scarf, fleece pull over hat and fleece hat on top, thinsulate gloves . I've been in -20 in that outfit shoeing and sledding and not even remotely cold except wind on the cheeks and eyes in piercing wind. If no wind, than my face is fine in the cold. I get quite warm sledding, like cutting wood. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!