Sponsors:

Christmas Cookies

Started by Norm, December 11, 2010, 02:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norm

It's that time of year again!

What's everyone's favorite?

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

sandhills

Hard to beat good ole chocalate chip cookies, though they're probably not what you consider "Christmas cookies"

Norm

Patty

I like the traditional cookies too. Oatmeal raisin, chocolate chip, ginger cookies, and peanut butter, but I add the sugar cookies into the mix for Christmas time, along with  mini loaves of banana bread. I put a mix of each into little decorated sacks and make sure all our drivers, the mailman, the neighbors, and our friends at the grocery store all get plenty to snack on.  ;)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Raider Bill

I like a good sugar cookie too but without lemon
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Roxie

Say when

SwampDonkey

Looks mighty good!

I don't eat much sweets now a days but mother would make boat loads of cookies and cakes and macaroons.

To add to the list:

Sugar cookies
Short Bread
Mocco Cakes
peanut butter balls dipped in chocolate. :D
peacan tarts
date bars
fig bars
Christmas Stollen

I couldn't name it all.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

LeeB

Oatmeal chocolate chip.
Nice kitchen.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Burlkraft

Mine is unfrosted cut out cookies

I just had some too!
Why not just 1 pain free day?

WDH

Patty,

That is the true spirit of the Holidays.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Bandmill Bandit

All you need to turn chocolate chip cookies into christmas cookies is a box of christmas rice crispies. a few cups added to the recipe in place of a bit of flour works pretty good
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Chris Burchfield

Christmas Fruit Cake Cookies.  My mom got the recipe from her mother.  They only included things the family liked and eliminated things like orange peal from the recipe.  MMM     MMMM good, as Andy Griffit would say.
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Roxie

That sounds good!  Is that a recipe we might be able to convince you to share? 
Say when

Patty

It is -10 F this morning. Time to make some fudge and bake some bread and turn on some FOOTBALL ! Whooo Hooo!  8)
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

SwampDonkey

They should be made to play football in Iowa in January. :D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Patty

We would Donk, if the season lasted long enough.... :(      They should extend football season right up to April. By April it is usually nice enough to go back outside and play in the garden.       

This January Iowa will be playing in Arizona I think....boring. I don't go for the college bowl games so much.
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Don_Papenburg

I like the cut out cookies with and without frosting  If frosted I like them loaded with frosting
the cookie press cookies
Oatmeal raisin
ginger 
molasses
Frick saw mill  '58   820 John Deere power. Diamond T trucks

Chris Burchfield

At Roxie's request, Fruit Cake Cookies.

1 Stick Margarine or butter
1 3/4 cups Sugar
3 eggs well beaten
3 1/4 cups Self Rising Flour

1 table spoon soda
3 table spoons Whiskey
3 table spoons Cinnamon -----------Add beaten eggs from above, combine in 1/2 cup warm water add Margarine or butter
1 table spoon Nutmeg
1 table spoon Allspice
1/2 teaspoon Salt

1 pound pecans chopped
2 pounds dates chopped by hand (dates and cherries will gum up in a food chopper or processor.)
2 pounds candied cherries  (red and green) chopped by hand

Mix all and keep in refrigerator (ice box) overnight before cooking, Covered.

Drop onto cookie sheet by teaspoon.  Bake at 350°F for 10 - 12 minutes.  
Out of the oven, put on wax paper on cooling rack.

After cooling put in tin for gift giving, or hide them for yourself.   :D :D :D
Woodmizer LT40SH W/Command Control; 51HP Cat, Memphis TN.

Roxie

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!  They sound wonderful!   8)

Say when

Jeff

I'm hoping to (help) make some plain old fashion, rollem out and cutem out sugar cookies and frost them tomorrow. Tammy made about 20 dozen cookies (other kinds) last weekend, but the last of those went to the mail lady a day ago.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sawguy21

You going to help make them or eat them? ;D Sugar cookies wouldn't last long around here. This is the best time of year with all the special treats.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Paschale

It's not Christmas without spritz cookies!  I'm about to make some dough to bake them on the big day.   8)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Thank You Sponsors!