iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Logging opportunity

Started by feathercast, April 22, 2011, 12:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feathercast

Always wanted to get into logging, & I might have my opportunity. I'm an out of work carpenter, been using a saw & equipment for years. Well, we have several trees on the creek that have become beaver snacks, so other than leave them to rot I'm going to take them down & sell them. They are all between 16 & 24 inches & I've taken trees that size before. Don't think I'll go buy a skidder yet, but I can hope for the future!!

beenthere

Welcome to the forum.
We like pics. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

trapper

stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

feathercast

I updated my info, I'm in Indiana. But if don't quit raining & dry up, those trees will rot...

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: feathercast on April 22, 2011, 04:28:03 PM
I updated my info, I'm in Indiana. But if don't quit raining & dry up, those trees will rot...

I hear tell real loggers will even work in the rain!  ;D

Good luck with your logging endeavor and please be careful.

PS Yes, we like pictures.

Herb

tyb525

Welcome to the FF, I'm from Indiana also.

What will you use to pull them out?
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

deadheadrecovery

Re Deadhead Recovery

MSG  -  Logdog  +  Shriveport-Bozeir

Hi Guy;s,,
   I want to get into Recovery of Deadheads & Sunken Timber  //
     I would Like to stay in Texas .  But LA is next door .
   I need more info
    Can you assist   
       Thank you
         Terry

feathercast

So far I'm planning on using a skid loader & tractor to get them out. Working on a winch set-up for the tractor.

Thank You Sponsors!