iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

bought me a new game cam (I put up some pics)

Started by CX3, December 10, 2010, 06:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CX3

I bought the wildview x6c.  It is a great infer red camera.  Very small like the size of a box of shotgun shells. It takes awesome pictures day and night.  I considered buying the reconyx cam for 600 bucks but got this cam for 150 and it is just as good.  It takes video too.  If you are looking for a good cam that looks good too I recommend this cam.
John 3:16
You Better Believe It!

fishpharmer

You better save the money for diapers ;) :D

Glad you found a good cam, now we can see pics of good deer and someday elk :D.

I like the video feature about that cam, I really look forward to seeing the results.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

WH_Conley

DIAPERS!!!!

Having four girls, that word scares me.

Now, CX3, is there something you haven't told us yet? ??? :D

Bill

CX3

Ok like you guys are the first ones to say that :D  Yes my wife is pregnant with twin BOYS! thank you God!!

We have been buying diapers every trip to the grocery store.  We are starting what looks like a large haystack in the spare bedroom.  We are so excited. 

Well I got the cam because the wife told me I better start buying some stuff for hunting while the gettin is still good so to speak.  So I bought a new treestand, new rubber boots, and the cam.  She said I could get the reconyx but I thought that was just overkill, besides some wacko would just steal it. 

I will upload some pics when I get them.  I may set it in the morning hopefully.  Right now the only pics I have are the practice shots in the living room.  One is me getting a cool drink of milk the other bunch are of the chiweener playing with sqeeky toys.  Later.
You Better Believe It!

WH_Conley

Congratulations, Life as you know it is about to change. :D :D :D
Bill

SwampDonkey

I guess he's normal after all. Just about any dad would think about getting all he can get for hunting and fishing before he goes bust on diaper duty. :D

By 2 years old, they can cut their teeth on deer steak at least. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Raider Bill

I bought a Moultrie Game Spy D551r a few months ago. It's junk.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Chuck White

Congratulations to you and your wife.

You'll enjoy that cam too.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

I pulled a couple of nice pictures off of mine this afternoon.  The first is a 10, and the 2nd an 8.

A 10 point on the right.

A tall 8.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

CX3

ya life is gonna change but i cant wait for the boys to get here.  We are gonna name them Weston and Wyatt. 

Magicman, those are some nice pics.  That is a good 8 point I hope you get him or are you gonna let him grow another year?
You Better Believe It!

Magicman

I think that the 10 is even better.  Not as tall, but much wider.  We have a ground blind set up for the Grandsons within 75 yards of that camera.  I've also had a ladder stand there for several years.  You can only hunt there when the wind is out of the SW.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doctorb

I bought a game cam last fall and have loved it.  Most sane people want to see the bucks roaming around their property, but I bought it to see coyotes.  They had just move into my area and were mostly nocturnal.  Got pics of deer, coyote, rabbit, raccoon, fox, hawk, squirrel, dove, cat, stray dog, horse riders, and my neighbor flipping me off!  It's been entertaining.  No poachers!  The coyotes have moved on.

CX3 - congrats on your upcoming twins.  You better enjoy those pics because, after they are born, that's as close to a deer as you'll get for a while!

Doctorb
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

CX3

These are a couple of pictures with my new cam.  I really thought these two pics were awesome.  I had lots of deer pics, day and night, but didnt catch the one I wanted so to speak.  But I may try to put some turkey breast in the freezer with the mathews I dont think it will hurt the population any.  Hope you like it
You Better Believe It!

fishpharmer

CX3 you got a turkey farm? ;)  Thanks for sharing.  We used to have turkeys like that, been a while since seeing a flock that large.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

treefarmer87

when i was going to fill a application for a loggin crew in longs SC last fri, i saw a flock about that size
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

SwampDonkey

Good to see the coyotes aren't the only ones eating well. ;D :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

Those game cams don't take too well to water  !!!   ::)   I went and retreived mine with the canoe this fall, yes it was on a pole and the pole was still vertical ....  >:(  Only pics it took where on that pole ...

Here the rain has been coming down hard since morning and the water level is rising.

It is rising more and raining harder...

This is the last pic that this camera took , water was at the camra height , wich was six feet off the ground, water as far as I can remember had not gone this high in the summer  :o   Not a square inch of the feilds near the river where spaered from the highwater... Wich by the way is the name of the place I live .. Highwater.. who'd a thought that huh !!!!

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!