iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Snow on Wintergreen MT.

Started by Wintergreen Mountain, December 08, 2010, 03:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wintergreen Mountain

Got 37 inches of Snow from Sunday 12/5/2010 to Tuesday 12/7/2010.

Got 7 inches Wednsday morning 12/8/2010.

I still haved to shovel out my Turner Mill.

1920 Ford 4x4 tractor, forks & bucket. 2010 36" Turner Mills band mill. Cat-Claw blade sharpener. Cat-Claw Dual Tooth Setter. Cat D3 crawler dozer. Cat 215c excavator, Ford L9000 dump truck. Gardner Denver 190 portable air compressor. KatoLight 40Kw trailer mounted gen set. Baker M412 4-head planer.

Magicman

Wow, that is some serious stuff.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

VT-Woodchuck

I'm 60 miles south of you and have barely 2" of snow. Randolph has no snow on the ground. You guys got hammered for the first storm!

r.man

I am in central Ontario in what is considered the snow belt. So far we have maybe 6 inches but London Ontario which gets almost no snow most years and only in small amounts got hit hard in the last week with close to a foot of snow. Like London England that amount of snow in a short period of time almost closes down the city.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Papa1stuff

Boy ,am I glad that I don't live in VT & Nh anymore ;D
1987 PB Grader with forks added to bucket
2--2008 455 Rancher Husky
WM CBN Sharpener & Setter

Busy Beaver Lumber

Have about 6 inches on the ground here in Indiana now, all of which happened since this past Sunday. YUK >:(
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

laffs

i  got 6 inches up her and i dont like it. just means theres more to come
timber harvester,tinberjack230,34hp kubota,job ace excavator carpenter tools up the yingyang,

paul case

man that is a big snow.
is there a log on that turner mill or is that all snow? pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

DouginUtah

Quote from: r.man on December 08, 2010, 05:17:44 PM
So far we have maybe 6 inches but London Ontario which gets almost no snow most years and only in small amounts got hit hard in the last week with close to a foot of snow.

That's one meter, not one foot. ;D

Here is the report from a London resident:

Great to hear from you. Yes, we really did get a minimum of three feet of snow in the past three and a half days. There wasn't wind, so it just kept on getting deeper everywhere. Our subdivision wasn't ploughed out until noon today. Most factories, all schools, city hall and the two largest malls closed at noon on Tuesday. The mayor pleaded with everyone (employers and employees) to stay home as there were too many stranded cars and the snow plows could not go along the streets. Fifteen ambulances got stuck yesterday. There was a bad accident at noon today on hwy 401 westbound at Woodstock. The highway was closed for five hours. We thought we were bad in London, but eighteen miles north in Lucan, they had four feet on the level. We have had a beautiful fall with mostly cold, sunny days, and no snow to the end of November.
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

customsawyer

I even got a skiff of snow last night down here in central Ga. :o
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

weisyboy

to dam cold for me mate, its a nice 30 deg c here today, nice workin weather.

i hibernate if it gets below 12 deg c.
god bless america god save the queen god defend new zealand and thank christ for Australia
www.weisssawmilling.com.au
http://www.youtube.com/user/weisyboy?feature=mhee
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000696669814&sk=photos

bandmiller2

Guess its the global warming dropping that snow?? Makes you glad you have a nice shop with a wood stove,winter is the time to update your mill and outher projects.Best thing anyone can do is have a roof over their mill. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

thecfarm

laffs,I'm kinda in central Maine,only a dusting here. Rain on Monday and temps in the high 40's will take care of that quick. Just make room for more.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Wintergreen Mountain

There is a shallow pile of lumber in front of the mill. It kinda blocks the bed and track part of the mill
    from sight. The snow is about 15 inches above the bed of the saw.
    The head has no engine on it. It has a hydraulic motor that drives the band blade.
    The plan is to eventually build a shed for this saw.  I Still Love Winter.    Leon.
1920 Ford 4x4 tractor, forks & bucket. 2010 36" Turner Mills band mill. Cat-Claw blade sharpener. Cat-Claw Dual Tooth Setter. Cat D3 crawler dozer. Cat 215c excavator, Ford L9000 dump truck. Gardner Denver 190 portable air compressor. KatoLight 40Kw trailer mounted gen set. Baker M412 4-head planer.

laffs

the cfarm must be in the sun belt i got up this morning to 16 degrees. started a timber frame saw shed this summer and havent got the roof on yetdo to more important projects. hope a warm spell comes along.
have a good one
timber harvester,tinberjack230,34hp kubota,job ace excavator carpenter tools up the yingyang,

woodbe

Maybe you could send some to the West side of Oregon all we get is rain. A white Christmas would be nice. Well nice for me we don't travel for the holidays. Good luck with digging your self out.

Woodbe

Thank You Sponsors!