iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Saw's gave me Some Problem's & Brought Out the Homelite SXL to Get R' Done

Started by H60 Hawk Pilot, December 05, 2010, 06:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H60 Hawk Pilot

(1). I had posted before that the Efco 251 had running problems and found the fuel line completely blocked and corrected this problem. Today, I was running out of gas after 4 to 5 minutes of operation and suspected the vent as the problem. I laid the saw over (while running) and cracked the cap and it ran fine. When I ran the saw longer the fuel was further down and had to  crack the cap less & less. I don't know this saw that well and will have to search the parts manual to find the fuel vent arrangment. I like the way the 251 cuts with the micro chain, really cuts fast for a smaller saw.

(2). The Solo pressure bulb sprung a small leak. When you press it... a fiine spray of fuel shoots out on the side. I can't figure what happened, saw is like new and shows no sign of being damaged, just a small pin hole. This saw will over fuel the cyl. if your not careful. I'll still learning the best starting sequence (what works or not) with this saw. I could have used the saw but did not need it for firewood sawing.

(3) After, these two saw little problems.... I got the Homelite SXL out and was going to use it anyway. I think the SXL was new in the mid 70's or 80's I forget when ?  It start's up with 1 or 2 pulls and cuts good to boot. I turned my Son lose with it today and stood behind him as he cut firewood in 20 inch lengths. He did Ok and this was his Grandfather's saw and it brought a smile to my face as he cut up about five trees.

His automatic lazer eye need's calibration, I showed him a twenty inch cuts and he did fine for about 15 cuts. Then the cut length went a little longer and longer. Some of the longer ones were thirthy inches or more. I went back over things and recut the long stuff to twenty. I asked him if he had vision problem's and needed glasses, he said... he see's just fine. I guess.. it's a teenager thing where where he need's to get finished up and back to the house  :D (small joke);  less cuts means = less time spent in the woods, soon they'll be 40 inches long or more.

So... just priceless fun and smiles to do the male bonding thing with my Son in the Woods  8) . 

Case 1150B & IHC TD-340 Dozer's, IHC 4WD 3800 & CAT 436B Hoe's, Franklin 170, Semi's: (1) Freightliner, (2) KW's, Marmon, Mack w/ Prentice Ldr., F-700 Crane Trk., (6) Mid Size Trk's. - Dumps, Flats, 1 Ton w/ 40 ft. 5th Whl. & (4) Semi Tlr's., LM 2000 Mill, (2) XL 12's., Solo 681, EFCO 152, Old Iron.

ladylake

Don't be running the Efco with a blocked tank vent, you could burn it up right when it's running short of fuel. It's kind of strange for a almost new primer bulb to get a leak, maybe just a bad one.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

H60 Hawk Pilot

Ladylake,

I thought about that when I was running (lean out) the saw and got the SXL out to finish up. When the vent is resticted, it's running lean and super heating the cyl. . Can you imagine.... wrecking a new saw because  the vent was plugged up, I'd be fried as well.

Thanks' for the Advice.

Avery
Case 1150B & IHC TD-340 Dozer's, IHC 4WD 3800 & CAT 436B Hoe's, Franklin 170, Semi's: (1) Freightliner, (2) KW's, Marmon, Mack w/ Prentice Ldr., F-700 Crane Trk., (6) Mid Size Trk's. - Dumps, Flats, 1 Ton w/ 40 ft. 5th Whl. & (4) Semi Tlr's., LM 2000 Mill, (2) XL 12's., Solo 681, EFCO 152, Old Iron.

Thank You Sponsors!