iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cat518

Started by logloper, December 03, 2010, 09:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

logloper

Starting winter maintenance on equipment. Our 518 is not disengaugeing the diff lock when we go to turn. You start to turn and it starts binding. Straighten out and it is fine.We babied it to finish the season, and want to fix it now. Any advice would be appreciated. The book tells how to fix different parts, but which part is binding? The finals on both sides look good. Thanks

BCtimber

Are you sure the driveline is all ok?  Bad U-joints will behave like that.   

amberwood

our 525A has a electric switch that controls the flow from the diff pump to the diff locks. Assuming it is the same the first place to look would be the rocker switch. Is it releasing the locker?

DTR
MS460 Magnum
MS250
DAF CF85-430
ASV RC-85 track loader

logloper

I have shoved hard on the drivelines, and have no movement. I will check them better with a bar. That would be an easy fix. I am not aware of any way to kick the diff locks in or out on the 518. I think they are always in, and are supposed to kick out on their own when you turn. I have seen no switches or rocker pedals or anything of the sort. Thanks for the help

Bobus2003

A good question would be... What year is it?

My dad had a early 80's (I think) CAT 518 Swing Grapple Skidder, and it had a Pedal for diff lock. Loved the skidder except it didn't have any brakes.. It was either drop the blade or pop the parking brake to stop

Thank You Sponsors!