iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

029 fuel line and fuel filter

Started by tstex, December 02, 2010, 08:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tstex

Gentlemen,

Wanted to know if there are any special tools needed to pull and replace both the fuel-line and fuel filter for my 029?

If you have any "tricks-of-the-trade" or recommendations regarding anything in removing or re-installing these parts, I am ALL EARS. This is the first time I have been into my 029 before so I wanted to proceed with both good advice and caution.

Thank you very much & pls let me know if you have any questions.

Appreciate all your help and advice.

Regards,
tstex

pineywoods

You have to pull the line loose from the carb and pull the whole works out through the fuel filler opening. I use a surgical tool called a hemo stat, looks like a long skinny pair of long nose pliers. Coat the new line with waterless hand soap, otherwise you will probably damage it trying to pull it through the little hole in the tank. It ain't an easy job, helps if you have small hands.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

joe_indi

To remove the old fuel line, push it into the fuel tank from the top.
To install a new line, lightly grease or soap the grommet edge of the line and push it into the tank  from the top.Align the straight portion of the grommet with the corresponding area on the body.Push the grommet in using an angled clip pliers(no sharp edges). Or a screwdriver with a taped end.
To install the fuel filter onto the line you will need the best available tools anywhere in the world, your fingers!! :D  :D

Joe

ErikC

I replaced mine pretty recently, I just used a pair of needlenose and a small flat screwdriver, both with a wrap of tape, as described above. The lines are pretty soft, be careful with sharp edges. 
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

tstex

Thanks guys - I will give it a try.

Wishing everyone a safe and healthy holiday season.

Merry Christmas, tstex

Thank You Sponsors!