iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

In celebration of the kitchen junk drawer.

Started by Jeff, December 01, 2010, 03:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Do you have one? I bet you do. Then I suppose there are a few of you that would be horrified to have a drawer in your house like this. Want to know a secret? We probably have 3. :D 

Here's our main junk drawer that I scrounge in. Are you brave enough to share yours?

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Coon

:D  :D  Ya I think we have about three of em too Jeff.  I am not too ashamed to admit it either.  I will bring the camera into the house out of the car and let it warm up.  By the way Jeff you have a pretty good stash in there.  ;D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

Radar67

I would take a picture of mine, but I can't get it to open.  :D
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

MrMoo

I think I am doing pretty good we only have 2 and we can open both of them. Not bad eh.

Magicman

This really doesn't seem fair because the Magicwoman cleaned this drawer out a couple of months ago.  Of course, I've looked for something since then.  I don't remember if I found it or not.

I wonder what's on those couple of rolls of Kodak film  ???
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SPIKER

Quote from: Radar67 on December 01, 2010, 03:28:48 PM
I would take a picture of mine, but I can't get it to open.  :D

Heck that must be pretty empty then as we cant get ours to close! :D :o

hehehe

mark
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

ely

sweet, i dont have one, since the fire. but i do have a 14 x 14 that i live in that pretty much looks like the  drawers you guys call junk. i call it treasures.

SwampDonkey

That's why I'm forever building stuff, to stuff full with more stuff.   ;D :D :D :D

Yeah, I have a special drawer or two, plus old lard cans full of stuff that got cleaned out of pockets. I inherited most of the contents of one of them drawers and those cans of stuff. Some of it is useless stuff like broken ended screw drivers. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Tom

Useless stuff, Swamp Donkey?  Broken ended screw drivers make good drift pins and even little chisels and scrapers.

I have the hardest time convincing Gael that those are treasures, not junk.

We don't have a junk drawer in the kitchen.  Well, we have a junk drawer, but it's all Gael's cooking stuff.   I have a cabinet shelf in the utility room, my corner of the computer room, and an entire pole barn.

I'd be glad to show you the shelf in the utility room, but I'm afraid to open it.  :)

SwampDonkey

I suppose, but the metal in them is very poor quality and soft. Also, as a screw driver operator you'd need a small hand to grip them. But then one twist on a screw head and they tore apart. Usually it's the screw head that gets stripped out with a decent screw driver. ;) :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

woodbowl

Be sure to throw some loose string in the drawer. I can pull one thing out and everything else comes with it.
Full time custom sawing at the customers site since 1995.  WoodMizer LT40 Super Hyd.

sandhills

Shows how backwards I am, I didn't see any bailing wire or duct tape, how do you folks fix anything? :)

Coon

I got a big ball of baling twine on the floor in the hallway.  Does that count?   :D   Can't begin to think how many times the roll has been kicked over and a bunch rolled out.  The other day I went to take a piece off the roll and it was all tangled and knotted up, so I cut a bunch off.  When I run out from this roll I will just go outside and bring another roll in.  Think I got two more boxes yet.  Don't laugh to hard cuz I'd be lost without it.  Around these parts you can tell a farmers pickup pretty easy too.  Just look for a pickup with twines dangling from between the tailgate and the box.   :D
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

SwampDonkey

I saw a young feller pull out of a ranger office yard in a pickup and his drive shaft fell out on the ground. Found some hay wire and fix her up, good as new (for that truck).

Oh, man that was a good laugh. :D

My grandfather, years and years ago worked for a farmer in Maine. He had about every piece of iron implement hay wired together. Every time he struck a ledge knoll, stuff flew apart. :D :D

Dan_Shade

I don't have a junk drawer, it's more of a junk house
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Jeff

Only two? Actually one. Mine don't count. Oh! I know what it is. Yer afraid we'll spot something like that condom wrapper in Magicman's drawer. :D

Bill Gaiche

Jeff if thats true I bet MM is a little redish about now. bg

beenthere

OK
That's it,...

I'm not openin up my drawers.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Mooseherder

Some one could use an inside wood chucker. :D
I got a drawer that looks like yours inside the house and 2 of dem in da garage.
My workbench is kinda bad also.

Jeff

Magicman

Quote from: Jeff on December 01, 2010, 09:56:14 PMYer afraid we'll spot something ...........   :D 

What happens in the Magicman's drawers, stays in the Magicman's drawers.

Ya made me go look.   :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

sawguy21

I am going to leave that alone. Nope, not going there. :D :D :D
Every house has to have at least one junk drawer. Where else ya gonna keep string, tape measure, half a dozen pocket knives, nail clippers, scotch tape, rubber bands, miscellaneous screws and nails, and other necessities where ya can find them (sometimes)? We have three, one in the kitchen which we rarely go into 'cause neither of us knows what's in it, and one each in our office desks.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Paul_H

Quote from: sawguy21 on December 01, 2010, 10:55:58 PM
Every house has to have at least one junk drawer. Where else ya gonna keep string, tape measure, half a dozen pocket knives, nail clippers, scotch tape, rubber bands, miscellaneous screws and nails, and other necessities where ya can find them (sometimes)?

My work pants have most of that stuff and more.Have to keep pullin them up.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Jeff

SwampDonkey

Magicman

How about a couple of pictures of the "war room" Jeff.  I know that it has a couple of comfy chairs (one for the dog) and computer stuff, but surely there are special mementos also.   ;)

Looks  :o  like everyone else is 'fraid to show their drawers.   ;D

dnalley

How many rolled back up to MM's pic and checked it out???

Rancher

You are supposed to get junk drawers all the way open? Then there is the smaller version of the drawer called the junk container. Either setting on the dresser or in a cupboard. It is either a coffee can or one of those see through plastic what evers. Usually they have to be dumped out to find the right thingy. The next version of storing is an old Scout that I keep a lot of the junk containers in.   
If you're honest you don't have to trust your memory.

Mooseherder

I forgot to mention the junk drawer in my nightstand, the one on my side of the dresser and the one where I keep my belts in da closet.  Man I gotta lotta junk. ::)

paul case

these are my junk drawers.

sorry i couldnt resist the pun. but really my pockets sometimes have more junk in them than magic's junk drawer. i can identify with the string being attached to everything in the drawer. that causes everything to spill out of my pockets quite often. pc
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Thank You Sponsors!