iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Can you guys help me?

Started by Woodhauler, November 28, 2010, 06:36:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

I am trying to find a toy model of a western star tri axle log truck for my granddaughter for christmas. Any make truck will do but would like it to have a log loader on it.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

fishpharmer

We have two logging Eq. Dealers. I will check tomorrow and let you know what they have.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Jeff

Does it have to be a realistic model, or a good interpretation of a log truck?  I have a big old wooden collectible toy log truck with load of logs in storage that kids loved to play with. It does not have a knuckle boom, but as I remember a boom with a"cable" and log tongs connected ran to a crank.  I could get a picture if it in a day or so. If you were interested you could pay shipping and some sort of donation to the forum.  I think I gave $100 for it at a logging collectible and folk art auction about 10 years ago.  It is heavy. And big.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Woodhauler

A wooden one would be a good choice, but i'm trying to find one that looks like gramps truck! She has a fit every time she sees me on the road or when i come home at nite ! Iwent by her house to day after loading up and she was outside with her mom doing the old honk your horn thing! Jeff if you could post or pm me the pics it would be great! ;D
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

KellyH

My boys love these things too.  I have seen some of these toy trucks in Flying J Truck Stops.  Recently they and Pilot Truck Stops merged.  This may help standardize selection and availability on items they sell.

There were several with different types of trailers,  cattle wagons, flat beds, reefers etc.  You might go online and see what they have there.  Prices weren't terrible as far as I remember.  Maybe in the $25/$35 range.  Good Luck!  ;)  Happy Holidays!
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is who you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

Thank You Sponsors!