iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

c4 tree farmer

Started by ga jones, November 28, 2010, 06:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ga jones

Is anyone else still running these old machines mine is a 1968
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

fishpharmer

Can't help you with the skidder.  I can welcome you to the Forestry Forum. 

Where abouts you from?  GA? 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

ga jones

380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

fishpharmer

Okay ga, good to have you.  Have you tried the search button at top of page?
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

ga jones

Yes there are some old threads . I was just wondering if there was because these machines can be hard to get parts for . I have found a great part supplier and info expert. And i have a parts manual..............If u own one you have to be resourceful!

Maine372

i can show you three within 50 miles of my house that are original c4's not the c4d's.  none are worked full time. i would like to have a c4d myself. its got a little more gaurding around the operator.

ga jones

Maine seems to be the place for these old machines the company I get parts from is in farmington. I think they restore them.

rick f

Please post there name. They may have other parts some of the rest of us could use.

Welcome to the forum
664 clark skidder
1- 562 husky
1- 254xp husky
1 - 268xp husky
1250 JD farm tractor with skid winch
5040 kubota farm tractor

Skiddah

Davco in Farmington.  It's part of Jackman Equipment. Mario, the owner, is a huge Tree Farmer fan

ga jones

Yes davco awsome place very good parts guy. know all about these old machines

frndly neighborhd loger

yep,mine is a cancar forwader but its basicly the same

treefarmer87

my c5 is a 66 i get most of my parts @ napa
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Maine372

daveco is an impressive place. lots of equipment packed onto a very small lot. 5 or so motors, mostly detroits and like 15 grapples in a shed. and out back there is this pile of parts. there timberjack and tree farmer chassis back there. if you needed a front or rear chassis that would be the place to start. hes got two c6 ready to go there now. atleast on has the enclosed cab. looks nice but too big for my needs.

Frank H.

My first skidder was a C-4.  I really miss that little machine.  Pretty much all the parts were available at Napa.  Or the junkyard.  The trans was a T-18 The engine was a 3-53.  Everything was simple as a brick.  After all the work I've put into my S-7 International, I now realize that my Treefarmer was in really good shape. 

northwoods1

My 1st machine was a C4D  :) skidded a lot of wood with it. Finally traded it on something bigger and better but it was a good machine.

Mikea61

I run a C4 Can Car in Northern MN and we have had it in the family for 30 years.   My Gearmatic 8Awinch is not operational at the time.  The slave cylinder setup cast iron piece broke into many pieces.
So anyone who has parts or a source would be helpful.

mad murdock

I have a Garrett mod. 15A Tree Farmer, (pre Can-Car), 1964 vintage.  Mine has the 172 Ford Diesel.  I started a thread a while back about Garrett Skidder support, it is a few pages long and has some good info on it about support for the older machines.  Garrett used the Gearmatic 8A as well.  Parts are available for them, I think if you are on the east side of the US Davco will be a good bet.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

ga jones

davco can help you they ship to me .

thecfarm

Davco should be a sponsor on here.I drive by his place quite often.Just on the edge of town in Farmington,Maine.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

HiTech

I have a C4D and it is a 1968. At least that's what the decals say. It will pull a surprisingly good size hitch. I took the original ROPS off and built one out of 2"x4" tube steel with 1/4" walls, 3/8"plate on top with 1/8" wrap around on bottom. The posts on the sides where you get in are 2"x2" and the wire mess top sides and back are 5/16" with 1" holes. I find parts are still readily available, you may have to wait a few days but they come. It has a ford diesel and seems to start OK in cold weather. I can't work as fast as I used to and this little machine is just right. Perfect for a few logs and firewood. Also it doesn't tear everything up and bad as Big Machines do. Tree Farmer made a good machine but people wanted fancy and expensive. I sort of like plain and simple...much easier on the pocketbook to work on. 

dnsnook

do you have an email address for napa or a phone number where i can in contact with them . thanks

lumberjack48

I bought a new C4 , 1968, Ford gas, gearmatic 9, pulled 20 to 30 cds. a day

Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

dodgerd6b

I would agree that Daveco is the place to go. I rebuilt my Treefarmer C6CD using parts they provided, they were also able to get a copy of an old parts manual
1969 TreeFarmer c6cd, Caterpillar D6B 44a, Woodmizer 40

timbuck2

A few years ago the owner, (Ithought his name was Moe, but I could be wrong)   anyway he had a C5d that he had rebuilt and it looked like it was right out of the factory.   He offered up a little insight when he said that different guys would come by and offer somewhat less than he wanted for it.   " I tole 'em ok but I'll keep the tires"  it had all brand new rubber on it!

treefarmer87

i bet that was a nice machine :)
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

Thank You Sponsors!