iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Conversion ???????????/

Started by Fla._Deadheader, November 23, 2003, 06:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Har, spring break up, har, har, dats a good one.  Living on a river as a boy, it was always interesting to fish MY stretch of river every new spring and see what winter ice and spring floods had done. One year there would be a log jam so heavy you could not navagate the river but climb on the logs and just drop a line in and around them. The next year every log and tree would be long gone. Forun a toilet seat one time about 16 foot up in a tree hung on a branch after spring high water receded. Maybe I shoulda saved that for finding stuff in da woods. :-/

Some years the river would cut through a camel back and completely change its course. With the high clay river banks it was not uncommon to get a big rain and go back the next day to find a tree that you had used as a hand hold at the top of the river valley, to be now in the middle of the river 75 feet down.  The first logging collectable I ever found was when I was 10 on that river after a flood. An old log, with a peavey hook still hooked into it. The log did not have a stamp brand, but it had a piece of iron shaped like a "C" driven into the end. Its now in the Sanford Historical Museum. My Dad said thats where it belonged. :'(
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Corley5

Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

hiya

fd, My son said he has seen air saws for under water.
For what it's worth?????? I would be dumb enough to use a two man crosscut. It would take a lot of air--for the two motors , one at each end--You and Ed : :D :D
RichardinMd.

D._Frederick

Fla._,
Are you going to get that log cut-off before somebody turns it into fire wood?

Fla._Deadheader

Update: The "Monument" is still standing tall, in the river. Been figgerin how we are gonna get it down. Got a pretty good idee how it's gonna happen.
  FIREWOOD   ??? ??? ???  Stick a saw in that thing and it'll pee all over ya. ::) :D :D :D :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

etat

Florida, somehows I jest knows ya ain't just gonna let that ole log keep whupping ya.  Especially nows that you're famous and all ;D
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Fla._Deadheader

First, it is ridiculed;

Furby

I just can't really belive you're gonna give up on getting the whole thing,
and cut it ???  :o  ;) ;)

Fla._Deadheader

First, it is ridiculed;

Furby

Oooooh, sorry!  :D

It sounds like you have an idea ??? ??? ???

isawlogs

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Fla._Deadheader

First, it is ridiculed;

Thank You Sponsors!