iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pretty horses

Started by pigman, November 25, 2010, 11:03:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pigman

Went to Lexington today for Thanksgiving at my daughter's and discovered a bunch of horses in the hall of her loft building. There must have been over 50 horses standing in the hall. I am not sure if any of them will run in the Kentucky Derby next May, but if they do, they will draw a lot of attention. ;)

This horse is correctly named 1hp.

This horse I am sure is named after our own Wildflower. She sure is pretty, just like her namesake.

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

fishpharmer

DanG and I saw the 1 hp equine,  was it a Caterpillar motif, as we drove through the streets of Lexington after our visit with The Pigman.  You found their hideout, cool.

I found a slanted view of 1 hp

Do they put them out seasonally?
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

pigman

Fish asked "Do they put them out seasonally?"

They were made for the equestrian games held in Lexington this Fall. Companies, nonprofits, churches and others sponsored the horses. They are to be auctioned off and the proceeds go to the charities of the sponsors choice. The proceeds of the sale of Wildflower goes to the Lexington Opera House. If anyone of you are thinking of buying one of the horses, be warned that the last time they did this type of fundraiser one of the horses brought $80,000. 
Jeff, if you are thinking of bidding on the horse Wildflower, I will find out the time of the auction.

fishpharmer

$80,000 :o
For that price I could get a real horse.  And thanks for striaghtening the pic, Jeff?
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

pigman

You mean the horses are not real. :o
I wondered why there were not "droppings" behind the horses.

Thank You Sponsors!