iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just My Two Cents

Started by Autocar, November 24, 2010, 12:37:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocar

Ive worked alot this sumer and fall where the emarld ash borer has prety  well taken over all the ash trees and it seems to me there our twice as many wood peckers. The red headed wood pecker is on the endangered list here in Ohio and Ive seen a ton of them in that country. Iam wondering that maybe the survival rate is better because the birds are eating a pure bug from the woods and not a insect that maybe carrying round-up and other heracides from farmers fields.
Bill

doctorb

Nature is funny like that.  One year you see a millions rabbits.....then the hawk population seems to take over!
My father once said, "This is my son who wanted to grow up and become a doctor.  So far, he's only become a doctor."

WDH

It is because they feed on bugs in dead wood.  There is now a huge dinner table of dead wood to feed on.  The birds take advantage by expanding their population to take up the available habitat.  When the dead ash are gone, the population will fall back to levels supported by the available dead wood.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!