iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Honda GX620 No Spark

Started by leweee, November 22, 2003, 12:24:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leweee

:'(Anyboughty have a story about their 20 Hp ignition problem and how it was solved. I need stories with happy endings now. Anything to cheer me up ??? Leweee
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Kevin

Does that have an oil sensor that kills the engine?

leweee

yes Kevin it does.oil alert system, oil level switch,engine stop diode,even a fuel shutoff.plugs are wet so I assume the fuel is not the problem.it has always been hard to start cold.anyone have these problems with their 20 hp or is it  just me? ::)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Kevin

Check the oil level then disconnect the oil sensor wire.
I had one like that on a Kohler, maybe not related but it's a quick check.

leweee

Thanks Kevin; beenthere &done that.honda tech coming tomorrow. will keep you posted on the unfolding progress in the saga of the sparkless Honda.Wait I hear a beach boys tune " help me Rhonda"playing in the back ground... gotta go rewrite those lyrics... leweee ::)

Kevin

You could install an inline spark tester and watch for the spark.
If the spark is good it may be the plug or a flooding problem.
Let us know what you discover.
Not water in the gas, eh?

Mark M

I did a little milling on Saturday. My 20 hp Honda was hard to get started but it was only about 15F. Once I got it started it ran fine but would kill at the end of every cut unless I kept my hand on the throttle and let it return to an idle slowly. I know a lot of people have had cold weather problems with this engine so I wasn't too surprised. For no more cutting than I plan to do this winter I can live with it.

Mark

OneWithWood

If you haven't already, trace and test the wiring from the ignition switch on through to the plug cap. :P :o
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

EZ

Ha Mark M, my Briggs does that in the winter time. I put a couple of pieces of duct tape over the cooling vent and it work ok. I think the carb ices up from to much air flow.
EZ

dail_h

Hey guys,
   There's a bunch of stuff 'bout the Honda 20s over on the Norwood equipment forum. Best I remember there was a problem from the factory with a bunch of engines,Hond ducked and dodged a bunch,but finally cane up with a fix.Check with the rep with serial number ,they should have a list of affected nos
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

etat

Not an expert or professional, but have you tried kicking it!
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Thank You Sponsors!