iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pasquali

Started by chep, November 20, 2010, 04:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chep

thanks jeff.
however, I have uploaded Java (again), enabled it in my browser. and continue to get an error message when I try to upload a photo into my gallery. you say it will resize the photo automatically. It does not appear to do that. My photos are 63 KB. that is seemingly the smallest my computer will make them. what now? I am not very computer savvy, but dont see why this is getting the best of me.
  I have photos in my gallery that I uploaded off another computer, not the one I am using now. It seemed easy before.

Ianab

I have come across a couple of pictures that because of the amount of "detail" in the shot, just will NOT compress and upload properly with the Java uploader.  Because of the fine details (like a tree with lots of leaves) the compression part of the process leaves the file still oversize, and you get an error.

Can you try again with a different picture, and if possible copy any error message in to this thread.

Like Jeff says, we can help you out if we get more info about what is going wrong, and there is almost always a "work around" to get past machine problems or random bugs in the system.

As an aside, if you need a good Photo editing program there is always GIMP, (Gnu Image Manipulation Program) which is Open Source, and sorta like a free version of Photoshop. Of course, it does 1,000 times more than you need here, but it can easily crop, resize and compress images into anything you need. Of course there is still a learning curve here, but once you get the basics sorted it's pretty simple.

Being Open Source, the price it right (Free)   ;D

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

chep

forget it. Bill M you said you would take a look at the photos to brainstorm a modification.
If you or anyone else wants to see photos of the machine, let me know and I'll give you a flickr link.
 I am not capable of posting pictures at this point. thanks for patience and help. Ianb, I should be able to do it with microsoft pic manager, and dont have the time or patience to mess around with this. I am not interested in running 4200 different programs on my computer just so that I can post a picture. thanks for the suggestions though.

chep

for what its worth,
jeff took some time today and tried to help me out, but alas. still cant get it.
thanks to Jeff!

Ed_K

Chep, I was having the same problem. I went to microsoft's free downloads and half way down to list,found a resize program,took a min to download and worked great.After loading it,I right click on a pict in (my pict's)and the script has a line with resize a picture,click on that and a window comes up with 5 diferent ways to make it smaller.I used advanced, a box comes up and you can changed the size manaully.Most of mine I put in 500x450 and they worked.Now the problem is keeping my puter conected long enough to load pictures into the post.
Ed K

captain_crunch

Ed
In all my babbling that was what I was trying to get spit out ::) ::)
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

chep

ok, i have managed to get a pic of the pasquali to load in my gallery. (thanks Ianb, capt crunch, ed k) but it is in JPEG form, and I cant post it to this discussion. hmmmm....

Jeff

It has to be a jpeg (jpg). I'm not sure what you are trying to do, but all you have to do is go to your photo in your gallery, get the coded under the photo and paste it in your post.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chep

chep

thanks jeff! now, ed k n capt crunch. I adjusted the size to 500x450 and the quality is terrible! My original intention was to post a detailed photo of the winch for help, how can I accomplish this?

chep

Jeff

Your kb size is still lower then it could be. I'm not acquainted with the procedure you are using so can't be a lot of help there.

Consider trying something like this?

http://www.imageoptimizer.net/Pages/Home.aspx

chep

chep

man, those pics are grainy. Thanks jeff for trying to help. I used the procedure that ed k. etc suggested, it got the size down pretty easy. but I am a bit bummed by the quality. the one of the winch is the important one though, and that is the best quality of the 3 so, we'll see. thanks though

bill m

In the photo of your winch there is a spring below the big sprocket. What does it do?
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

Jeff

You should be able to see the quality before you upload.  No sense wasting server space with photos like that last one.

chep

bill m. 1 million points to you. a trained eye. I just ran out to the garage to check it out. the spring is attatched to a little pulley type thing that engages the chain on the drive. the spring holds it engaged. it is jerry riged with a eyebolt and nut to stay engaged. is this the key to my winching dilemma?
  I want to be able drop the load, drive on and then winch back in. So I would have to rig up some sort of lever, cable, i.e manual device to disengage this spring. is this correct thinking?

chep

gotcha jeff. it looked a lot better small, then it does on the screen in the post. i'll work on it

Jeff

You can practice by uploading, then looking at it in your gallery if need be, but if you see its blurry or to poor to post, just delete it. Just be sure not to delete something that has been used in a post, because it deletes it there as well.

bill m

It may just be to keep tension on the chain. Can you get a picture of the other side of the winch?
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

thecfarm

I have only seen one of those tractors,just a few miles from me. I don't know the guy.Would like to see the one with the loader too.I know that will get around the woods real good.

This is my weapon in the woods,2120 Ford 4WD,40HP with loader and a Norse winch.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

See if this video helps you guys that can not use the java uploader.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yclpxy7gorI

Ed_K

Hi Jeff, i got thru that after a little but when i try to go back and add more picts they don't load.What did i forget?Oh,great utube video,i was right with you,thanks.
Ed K

Jeff

I dont understand when you say they dont load?

Ed_K

I go back to the post and the first pict is there,i would write a comment for the next and go back to the pict downloader and pick the next pict and load it,everything goes the same but when i get back to the post the pict isn't there.???
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!