iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

pasquali

Started by chep, November 20, 2010, 04:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chep

I am the proud new owner of 2 (yeah 2) Pasquali tractors. One is set up to work in the woods. Roll cage, and winch, the other has a bucket and is my 'landing' rig. I have had them a couple weeks and am just amazed at these little creatures. They are the 988's with 38 horse Lombardini 2 cylinder diesel engines.
  Anyhow, the woods rig does not have a locking winch. There is a drawbar with chain slots. so you winch the wood in, then hook your chains. All is fine and dandy untill you need to drop your hitch, drive on then winch the load back in... this entails a lot of getting on and off the machine. Not only do you have to be an octopus to run these things, but you gotta be pretty squirrelly to hop on and off a 1000 times a day, im thinking grapple... any suggestions?
  My primary occupation is an arborist, but I am a chopper in the woods when not climbing. I want to get into small scale woodlot management and sell the low impact stuff. So I am not using these right now to make a living. Just trying to learn them. Any input is greatly appreciated.
thanks

Maine372

what kind of winch do you have? can you build a brake into it? did there used to be one there that broke off? the drum lock on a farmi winch is pretty simple so you might be able to copy that into your winch.

chep

I dont know what kind of winch it is. it is off the PTO (obviously) then is chain driven with a gear reduction. Its pretty cool. I dont think it ever had a brake on it. You engage it through the PTO shifter on the floor, and then start and stop it via the clutch. but def. no locking mechanism

chep

how would one build a brake?

bill m

Somewhere in the drive train on the winch you might be able to build in a mechanical disk brake.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

chep

Bill M: since the winch has open gears with a chain drive could a brake gear lock in? That is easier to build in my mind. But I have little experience in fabrication.

fishpharmer

I was looking for pizza. :D

Those are neat little tractors.  Got pics?
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

bill m

Can you post a picture of the winch? If I saw a picture of what you have I might be able to steer you in the right direction.
NH tc55da Metavic 4x4 trailer Stihl and Husky saws

chep

i have had a hell of a time trying to get these photos small enough to post, and quite frankly am sick of wasting my time. this is the link to the flickr site where they are. if this doesnt work please let me know.

I am worried about raising the height of the height of the winch and getting flipped backwards. but right now cannot get the butts of anything over 16 inches more then 2 inches off the ground which is not high enough. as I said, there is no lock on the winch, so everything has to be hooked to the drawbar and raised. simply not high enough.
anyhoo here are some pasquali pics. I cut about 6 cords for a local shavings mill. the pasquali can pull wood this size all day. i was pulling 2-3 16 footers at a time.

chep

--Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--/photos/48180201@N03/se

chep

how do i convince the my forum gallery to accept pics just barely over 60 kb? very frustrating

Jeff

How the eff? HOW THE EFF?  >:( >:( >:( This is a family site, and with that attitude and that type of post here on Christmas day, I can tell you I could care less to help you.  Settle down and post appropriately on the Forestry Forum and there will be any number of people willing to help.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chep

all apologies. nothing frustrates me more then a computer. At that moment the f word was all that would come out of my mouth. and seemingly exited through my fingers. It seemed to explain my frustration. I repeal the f. and apologize. I dont celebrate christmas, but acknowledge it as a day of peace and family times. happy holidays

Jeff

That's better.

Are you using windows? if so what version?

Are you trying to use the java upload link? that resizes for you unless you are using some ungodly high tech camera with huge photos.

chep

thanks jeff. humble pie...
  i am using windows xp. trying to 'compress' them using microsoft office picture. then uploading them through the 'my photo gallery' uploader thingee icon.  But I cant seem to compress them to the required size. i really want to share!

Jeff

Try using the link under the posting window that says:

Upload or insert Photo?
Java Uploader (re-sizes for you)

Jeff

Apparently at some time you were doing it right because you have several photos in your gallery.

captain_crunch

Java don't like me so I open it in my pictures right click it open resize photo click on advanced select custom set it to 350 X400 then up load the pic to forum on upload page  select pic that has custom behind it. Only way this hillbilly can get it outwitted
M-14 Belsaw circle mill,HD-11 Log Loader,TD-14 Crawler,TD-9 Crawler and Ford 2910 Loader Tractor

Jeff

Well, it may like him, so lets go with that first. As long as your computer is behaving, the java uploader is the simplest way to resize and upload a photo.

Ed_K

I spent a couple hrs trying to make java work,I haven't put any picts on in quite awhile as camera was broke. I couldn't get coppermine to work,I'm using xp also.I tried to find xat,i used it a long time ago which made the pict so small that Chet had to help,thanks Chet.I think it's someting with this laptop that won't let it resize,what is the 350x400?pixels or inchs or?I croped a pict to 12% an went to details and the total pixcels were still the same  :(. I said some things too and gave up.
Merry New Year.
Ed K

Jeff

Here is a test page from java.com that will let you know if you actually have java working on your computer. It also has some links to the steps to figure out why it is not working if that is the case.

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml

beenthere

Quote from: Ed_K on December 26, 2010, 11:51:50 AM
I spent a couple hrs trying to make java work,I haven't put any picts on in quite awhile as camera was broke. I couldn't get coppermine to work,I'm using xp also.I tried to find xat,i used it a long time ago which made the pict so small that Chet had to help,thanks Chet.I think it's someting with this laptop that won't let it resize,what is the 350x400?pixels or inchs or?I croped a pict to 12% an went to details and the total pixcels were still the same  :(. I said some things too and gave up.
Merry New Year.

Ed
The pixels are the length and width of the .jpg picture. And it is very important that the pixels be changed "first" before changing the file size. If you first do the pixels (longest side to 500, let the shorter side fall as it may) then the file size usually is pretty close to acceptable. If still too large, then reduce it to fit.
Doing the file size first will just give a postage stamp size pic or a thumbnail image. That is the one thing that gave me the most frustration when trying to figure out why my resizing of images wasn't working. Now I find it very useful when sending images via email (and especially when the newer cameras make pics with such large files).

But Java is the best way to go, if at all possible. :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ed_K

I've checked java seeral times and it say I'm ok.I don't have a seperate program for downsizing,i tried gimo.couldn't make it work.on this laptop i had a microsoft office for 60day trial now they want me to buy it. I down loaded open office but it doesn't seem to work on picts.
Is coppermine a seperate progam? I'm baffelled I did get one pict to load but not the next.
Ed K

Jeff

Ed, if you can tell me what is going wrong exactly, then perhaps I can figure it out. Just saying it isn't working leaves me with no way to help. Coppermine is our gallery software, it has nothing to do with your computer.

Ed_K

Sorry Jeff, I thought that the coppermine was the resizing tool.I found that microsoft has a free resize program that has worked. The last pict I added was the steep ground pict of the landini.I will redo the whole bunch and get them in my gallery,right now it's started to snow so i gota get a nap,supposed to snow all night  :(.
Thanks B.T.
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!