iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What grease does everyone use?

Started by Frank H., November 20, 2010, 08:39:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank H.

I was just wondering, now that the S-7 has its new center pins and bushings, as well as all new U-joints and such, what everyone uses for grease?  I have used Lucas red and tacky, as it doesn't seem to blow out of u joints much, and sticks around.  Anyone trying any synthetics or anything?

Skiddah

I use Texas Refinery Corp.'s Lithplex grease.  It's nice and tacky and works really well. 

chevytaHOE5674

I use Red N' Tacky on all of farm and woods equipment. It is pretty tacky so it sticks around good. Also its pretty reasonably prices in both tubes and buckets/kegs.

submarinesailor

Amsoil recently came out with two new "Synthetic Polymeric Off-Road Greases".  The NLGI #1 for colder temperatures and as an all-season lubricant in northern climates - http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/gpor1.aspx

The NLGI #2 for warmer temperature or as an all season lubricant, or as required by OEM -
http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/gpor2.aspx

I have been hearing some good things about them.  The "Pound Out Rating" is suppose to be very good.

Bruce

timberjackrob

Ive used schaffers synthetic for several years now i think its made in missouri not for sure if its available everywhere it holds up well in all conditions and will not mix with water and wash out i buy it from a local sales rep it is getting mighty expensive though im using two grease guns now one with schaffers and one with shell retinex for use on some farm equipment that doesnt see much use we used the shell for years on everything for years it never gave any problems but i like the schaffers on bearings and on anything that sees alot of use
208 timberjack, woodmizer lt28,case 455 trackloader with gearmatic winch,massey 4710, ford f250s ford f700

mad murdock

Any good EP grease is a sure bet.  NLGI #1 for cold weather, NLGI #2 for warmer weather.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

ScottAR

Red n Tacky or Mystic brand.

I hear good things about schaffers but haven't found somewhere local to buy. 
Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

Skip

Thank You Sponsors!