iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ok guys, you caught me now heres the real deal

Started by peteloare, November 19, 2010, 05:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peteloare

This logger was driving a 1973 pile of junk that had been extended and converted to haul logs 16'. Looked like he didnt even know what a grease gun was. The parts left on the u joint looked like it hadnt been greased since 1973 as well as the other zerk fittings on the flippen truck. Joints separated at the rear end pig and the yolk fell off which means the cotter pin and bolt must have been loose and had to fall off also. Yolk hits pavement and comes through his winshield hitting him in the head smashing his skull and face. he died 2x.
Now, he was a 30 year old promissing builder and had donated many hours helping the people from Katrina.All gone now he sits all day like a vegitable drooling down himself.
The helocopter cost 1/4 of a million from Lake city to Shands hospital. Medical bills are approaching 1.5 million
Now, this so called logger, one of your competetors is driving down the road with this pile of junk with the basic automobile insurance of 300,000 pip and nothing else. No dot # or anything.I have a hard time beleiving that you guys dont get mad as heck that a man in your business gets away with this when im sure you must have more items while you are in the field and on the road. I know i do just for hauling lawn mowers.
All i am asking is what do you have to have? The law in Florida is telling us he was within the nessary limits is this true or we being buffaloed? I think there is some politcs going on here. I.E friends in high places!
I have always had respect for you guys and the hard work you do everyday. But this guy seems to have been getting away with little to no cost of doing business.He is taking away business and money from your familys.
I have been a union man all my life and truckers years ago would have run him out on a rail for this.
Again, what kind of insurances and permits etc. do you have to have??????? i think we are being lied to.

Mark K

Laws are different from state to state. If you've checked with DOT and your law enforcement and he was in his legal limits your gonna have a tough time proving other wise. When something like this happens around here they go thru the truck with a fine tooth comb. Alot of guys are running older rough looking trucks around here. If you haven't noticed markets are not the greatest. Did you personally go through the truck after the accident?
Husky 372's-385's,576, 2100
Treefarmer C7D
Franklin 405
Belsaw m-14 sawmill

Jeff

You were answered. Then you tried to deceive us. How many times do you feel I should allow you to ask the same question until you get the answer you want?  I'll tell you now, this was the last time.  If you feel you are being lied to by your own lawyer, get a different lawyer. You were told that before.  Now you are trying to play us by making us think we are the victim and trying to spur us to battle and your post before where you tried to pretend to be a woodhauler.

Is anything you wrote true?  Maybe, and if so I feel bad for those involved but I don't feel bad at all for saying goodbye to you because you were devious with us, and that makes me think you are devious all the time.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Buck

Well said Jeff, My thoughts and prayers go to the injured. 
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Burlkraft

I'm guessin' he's reading prayers right now  :D  :D  :D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Jeff

Nope, I did not give him the type of ban that takes him to church, I gave him a ban that allows him to come back and read, but not be able to post any longer. I want him to know that his activity was the wrong way to go about this. I'm sure that if he goes to a judge and says "Hey, Jeff, Leroy and Bubba on the Forestry Forum said, BLAH BLAH BLAH", that he'll just drop and listen and change the rules. Yea, right.

WH_Conley

I would guess that to be the fastest way to find out what size boots the judge wore. Cause you know where it would be.
Bill

Frank H.

Well, Union man, I don't know if youre story is real or not, but many people I know have older iron.  My skidder is older than I am, and my little log hauler is almost as old.  But if DOT checks me, I have to be in compliance, or I will get towed.  I think you're full of bunk personally and have a sore spot for loggers for some reason.  Go back and file another grievance.

timberjackrob

this was truly a tragic situation,but this could have happened to anyone not just someone driving a log truck.how many times have you seen something blow out of a pickup truck? i have seen lumber ,furniture,firewood and several other things fall from pickups and utility trailers and even parts such as mufflers tailpipes once a guy was going up the road by my house and his axle tire and all came out of the rearend and rolled within twenty feet of my house about 600ft away any of these things could have he same result. sometimes no matter how hard we try to check and safeguard against this type of thing stuff happens and it could have been anybody not just a logger
208 timberjack, woodmizer lt28,case 455 trackloader with gearmatic winch,massey 4710, ford f250s ford f700

justincase

I have a 1993 Mack and 1986 Deere skidder maintained weekly by myself greased, brakes adjusted, and gone over. I had a pto driveshaft fall off last year and thankfully never hit anyone and it could happen to a brand new truck off the showroom.  I would be broke before I even  started if I took out insurance to cover everything under the sun and quite frankly it ticks me off to see people go after truck drivers all the time. I wish I could burn the big billboards and commercials that read "injured in a truck accident call".

timberjackrob

208 timberjack, woodmizer lt28,case 455 trackloader with gearmatic winch,massey 4710, ford f250s ford f700

Bill Gaiche

Sorry that this has happened. If the loggers and sawyers around the world had to have the kind of insurance it takes to cover your expences, there would not be many left. They cant afford that kind of payment and I dont know many that could. As you know ever sence man has made any kind of tool or piece of equipment there has been failures. Those failures have injured and took peoples lives. Always has and alway will sad to say. No decent man or women would ever intend to harm anyone on purpose. I bet this fellow feels your pain in some way. As for any person on this board they will do everything they can to prevent something like this from happening, IMO. Evey person that takes to the road evryday is subject to the same misfortune.  Sometimes life isnt dealt to us fairly as we would like. I would say that if it were me I believe that I would do some research and find me a lawyer that I felt good about if thats possible Let him do the work of finding if any laws were broken and if so take the next step. If no laws were broken then theres nothing that can be done. You have been given some good advice above. The people on this board are hard working and careing, willing to help when they feel they have been given the straight story from the begining. bg

plasticweld

Jeff you should have probably deleted the post, after doing a Google search using all of the information and cities he gave I can find no record of a accident involving a logging truck with the kind of outcome described.

peteloare   brings no knowledge to the forum but is  using it only as a platform to share his or her twisted opinion and views. This is not the first person I have run into that hates me or others here for our profession.  He is the first guy to call the cops, DOT or DEC to complain about some part of our operation. I am sure that either he or she just hates loggers for what we do; not who we are and would wish us all out of business

furltech

I also did some google work and found him on other forums and he mentions his situation there although not in the detail here .I find it odd with the sums of money he mentions there are not better lawyers involved so he doesnt have to do his own research .

Skiddah

I also did some Google research and found that in fact the accident did happen.  I concur that this is not the appropriate place to get the advice that he's seeking and I do not agree with his methods either.  But the accident did happen.  Here's a simple report of it from a news source in Florida:
http://www.gainesville.com/article/20090918/ARTICLES/909189936/1008/WEATHER?Title=Driver-injured-in-I-75-accident-

Jeff

I wasn't going to second guess his story, and I can't blame him for trying to find out what he can find out, however after getting an answer here once from me he then tried to be deceptive with the forum. Which means he tried to be deceptive with me. I don't appreciate that one bit from anyone and as I've said before, the Forestry Forum is an extension of my home and what would get you excused from there, certainly gets you excused from here.

DonT

your last post was very well stated Jeff.keep up the great job.   Don

Thank You Sponsors!